• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hysteria

Reaction score
Is anyone planning to order from natalino this week? I would like to order an item but since shipping is expensive <$500, I am wondering if anyone would be inclined to combine orders.

knitsandlifts

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some high-quality bespoke dress shirts? I'm fine with Eton Slim fit for now but it's not perfect and I wouldn't mind paying for a better option if its available in Toronto. Cheers

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I order Eton custom shirts.

IMG_20240613_125546_414.jpg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some high-quality bespoke dress shirts? I'm fine with Eton Slim fit for now but it's not perfect and I wouldn't mind paying for a better option if its available in Toronto. Cheers

Not quite bespoke, but 100 Hands has started doing trunk shows at Harry Rosen. They make a pretty high quality product.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting post on 100Hands RTW shirt purchased from HR here:

knitsandlifts

Reaction score
I order Eton custom shirts.

View attachment 2212663
I've contemplated their custom shirts, however, I'm not sure what measurements I'd need to alter to get the perfect fit; I think something needs to be done around the shoulders (when my collar is fully buttoned and I raise my arms above my shoulders, the shirt bunches up around my upper back and stays that way after I lower my arms). That being said I have considered going to Harry's and order a custom Eton shirt through them with their suggested alterations.
It's a pity that their custom shirts don't have an option for MOP buttons like their Elevated Twill shirts.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pity that their custom shirts don't have an option for MOP buttons like their Elevated Twill shirts.

When I was at their boutique in Malmo few months back I actually asked them this. They blame it on the website/ordering system they are using currently and they are definitely working on resvolving it but didn't offer a timeline.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, stopped by Harry’s outlet in Mississauga (Boyer street), and they got a huge shipment of Tom Ford ties and sunglasses. They looked to be marked down over 60%. Also Zegna sunglasses. There were items that were just on the website a few weeks ago.

MrBlues

Reaction score
Hey guys, stopped by Harry’s outlet in Mississauga (Boyer street), and they got a huge shipment of Tom Ford ties and sunglasses. They looked to be marked down over 60%. Also Zegna sunglasses. There were items that were just on the website a few weeks ago.
I suppose they have items there that aren’t posted on Final Cut (Harry’s online “outlet”)?

Reaction score

In Ontario, I notice retailers will offer for OTR shirts: a) nothing b) sleeve adjustments c) sleeve adjustments and darting. Obviously c) is the best option, and I think it can take one quite far if the shirt is to your liking, the collar fits well, and the adjustments are done properly.

What I do have local experience with in the customization realm is MTM from Saks on Queen Street. I find a shirt they made for me to be pretty much perfect in almost every aspect. How it is made and the fabric details aren't really revealed by Saks - fittings are local, the work is done "overseas".

And I've also tried the "send measurements" approach with Eton as well, and also Emma Willis (who hand cut the shirt), Proper Cloth, Lanieri, and Gitman. I have mainly done this for casual shirting - summer linen and winter flannel. I think the more exacting needs of a dress shirt make this approach expensive since it essentially has to be iterative - you try, then adjust your request and try again.

To get into a few details:

Emma Willis - I've really enjoyed bright linen shirts that have served me well, especially while travelling. I also have enjoyed flannel shirts in solids. Print flannels haven't aged as well. I've been to their Jermyn St. shop and enquired about bespoke - it seems very hard for someone not in London to enjoy as they want three fittings for new customers. (Even Charvet uses just two.)

Gitman - I have a really well fitting casual shirt from them I think is a notch above just because of the fit.

Proper Cloth - For me this is never again. The dress shirt cloths are lower quality than I'd find at the Bay.

Eton - I'm happy with dressy prints I've ordered.

Lanieri - Now this has been interesting. IIRC, they start with the most measurements, and my first reaction was that the sleeves were way too tight. But they're not actually restrictive, and these shirts often get compliments. They've thought about something that wasn't on my radar and done it well.

I started these experiments following shirts being botched by being shortened at the cuff rather than the shoulder, or by sleeves being too shortened, contrary to my requests and preference. This has happened even when a tailor (not just a sales associate) makes the chalk marks.

And I have not tried these, but Stavros on Cumberland includes "Shirt Maker" in his shop title, and the often mentioned Spier & Mackay say they offer a custom shirt (look at the appointments section of their website) in person in Mississauga.

Reaction score
I am actually trying to commission a bespoke suit. I currently have commissions in the works with Tim and with The Anthology, whom I have indeed met up with in NYC. I would like to try other options without having to spend the money to travel to NYC several times a year, which is expensive, time consuming, and environmentally wasteful. That is the source of my frustration.

Can I please note that the visiting tailor approach can also be very frustrating. One is essentially compelled to appear on their command, and a suit can take over a year by this method. I've done it.

Allen22

Reaction score

Why don't consider forum affiliate - Larimars, they are in Toronto and have some feedback in the thread?

Featured Sponsor

Would you be willing to shop exclusively by appointment at your favorite stores?

• Yes, I prefer personalized service.

• No, I like to browse freely.

• Maybe, depending on the store.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinecricketid33