• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked my Swede contact in Sweden if he wears any Eton shirts but he wears Stenströms instead...

rwtc

Reaction score
Continuing on the conversation in the for sale thread - is it fine to write with a pen on the label from Stallion that an item is a return? I spoke to one of their reps today and that person told me not to. But this also means Carmina is going to have to pay import taxes and duties. I'm not sure if this will result in an issue. Does anyone have any insight?

chiggyv

Reaction score
Continuing on the conversation in the for sale thread - is it fine to write with a pen on the label from Stallion that an item is a return? I spoke to one of their reps today and that person told me not to. But this also means Carmina is going to have to pay import taxes and duties. I'm not sure if this will result in an issue. Does anyone have any insight?

I always mark returns as such.

Learned my lesson when a return item was returned to me due to the company being asked for duties. Package went into UPS pergatory and took months to get back to me.

When it comes to shipping companies KISS principal will save your ass.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered shoes through Mehra in Vancouver?

I emailed to ask about shipping and duties, and they claim I will only pay HST. That would obviously make a huge difference, and beat Ivor's prices.

So for this pair, it's the listed price plus HST and it will supposedly get to my door.

jl9377

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered shoes through Mehra in Vancouver?

I emailed to ask about shipping and duties, and they claim I will only pay HST. That would obviously make a huge difference, and beat Ivor's prices.

So for this pair, it's the listed price plus HST and it will supposedly get to my door.

Bought boots from Gaurav and chatted with him a couple times. Great guy and fantastic selection. If you're in Canada there should be no duties cause he ships out of BC & it's only HST for Ontario.

Pre-pandemic he was willing ship to my US PO box to save me taxes on a custom Enzo boot. I just crossed the border to pick up and saved a couple hundred in taxes

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought boots from Gaurav and chatted with him a couple times. Great guy and fantastic selection. If you're in Canada there should be no duties cause he ships out of BC & it's only HST for Ontario.

Pre-pandemic he was willing ship to my US PO box to save me taxes on a custom Enzo boot. I just crossed the border to pick up and saved a couple hundred in taxes

Awesome, thanks for confirming. He told me Cheaney will ship from England, but the way the box is marked and packed, I only pay HST upfront. So I will give it a try.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gaurav is solid! I have several Vass and Bonafe shoes purchased from him.

Maybe I've been out to lunch, but I don't recall anyone here mentioning this store. If his prices include all shipping, taxes, and duty, then he has a huge advantage on Ivor. This is in relation to Cheaney and the English labels only. I can't wear the other brands because I have wide feet.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I've been out to lunch, but I don't recall anyone here mentioning this store. If his prices include all shipping, taxes, and duty, then he has a huge advantage on Ivor. This is in relation to Cheaney and the English labels only. I can't wear the other brands because I have wide feet.
Mehra is based out of Vancouver. I can’t comment on prices on Cheaney as I don’t have a pair of one.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mehra is based out of Vancouver. I can’t comment on prices on Cheaney as I don’t have a pair of one.

I know. But his price includes shipping and taxes.

rwtc

Reaction score

He used to post here years ago, under GMehra or something like that

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He used to post here years ago, under GMehra or something like that
The Bonafe loafers made to order arrived 3 months ago. I don’t think he is on SF much but he is still in business. I have purchased these and more from Gaurav.
F74D4148-A17F-4CB9-AFF8-8D3BDFE5807E.jpeg
E36C5FD2-7D41-4450-AC3C-FA1602CBCA20.jpeg
7D44B290-9A9E-4E81-B305-ED4DF259088E.jpeg

rwtc

Reaction score
The Bonafe loafers made to order arrived 3 months ago. I don’t think he is on SF much but he is still in business. I have purchased these and more from Gaurav. View attachment 1718342 View attachment 1718343 View attachment 1718344

That’s correct - he doesn’t post here much. Used to be more active many years ago. I found his username - it is indeed gmehra. I distinctively remember him talking about coming to Toronto from Vancouver and visiting stores.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bonafe loafers made to order arrived 3 months ago. I don’t think he is on SF much but he is still in business. I have purchased these and more from Gaurav. View attachment 1718342 View attachment 1718343 View attachment 1718344

Can you confirm you've never paid any duties or taxes beyond the listed price? I'm worried my boots will show up with an additional bill, along with the usual exorbitant fees from the company to process paying the tax and duty on my behalf.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janetmorris23