• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toronto peeps.............I'm about to list a bunch of NWT Eidos Napoli pants in sz 32 & 34 - cottons and wools with unhemmed bottoms.

Prices are reasonable even after exchange rate :slayer:

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just about to suggest that maybe LF or S&M might want to host the get-together... Bravo @LeatherFoot!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Will contact you (LF) and S&M shortly to discuss details.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On another note, Stagioni or whatever the store was called that used to occupy the space on Toronto St where Spier & Mackay is now, has resurfaced on Colborne. I walked into the previous store twice, about six months apart, and was told the same story about them having to close their doors in the next month or so. Never was there a mention of reopening elsewhere. Hmmm...

Looks like they took over Bulloch Custom Tailors old location when Stan and Italo went into semi retirement.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so I finally made it into the new(ish) Saks Off Fifth at Vaughan Mills. Some Boss suits 12hundo to 8, Strellson, Cucinelli 3K instead of 5, some CK junk..meh, nothin special. Then I spot all these buttery suits in 42R.

Trim fit. Visible stitching. Silk-wool. Preemo.

$599? For Ermenegildo Zegna?? I fast realized it's the Saks Fifth Avenue house brand but using an E. Zegna silk-wool weave.

OK made in China or Mexico, surely. Nope. Woven in Italy and Made in Italy.

Stellar fit so I snapped up a charcoal to replace a battered HB but man if I needed light-grey, navy or black I'd have gotten them all. There was also a patterned one.

Now perhaps fused and maybe some rayon in the liner but these look and feel like an E. Zegna suit. Further, some stale threads seem to uphold the qual of the Saks house brand. Amazing value IMO considering

http://www.harryrosen.com/clothing/...gildo-zegna/milano-trofeo-600-suit/p/01051095

Anyway I was told in June and on Father's Day alone the second suit is half off ie $600/$300 but if anyone's in need and in the area I'd highly recommend.

CloudLi

Reaction score
OK so I finally made it into the new(ish) Saks Off Fifth at Vaughan Mills. Some Boss suits 12hundo to 8, Strellson, Cucinelli 3K instead of 5, some CK junk..meh, nothin special. Then I spot all these buttery suits in 42R.

Trim fit. Visible stitching. Silk-wool. Preemo.

$599? For Ermenegildo Zegna?? I fast realized it's the Saks Fifth Avenue house brand but using an E. Zegna silk-wool weave.

OK made in China or Mexico, surely. Nope. Woven in Italy and Made in Italy.

Stellar fit so I snapped up a charcoal to replace a battered HB but man if I needed light-grey, navy or black I'd have gotten them all. There was also a patterned one.

Now perhaps fused and maybe some rayon in the liner but these look and feel like an E. Zegna suit. Further, some stale threads seem to uphold the qual of the Saks house brand. Amazing value IMO considering

http://www.harryrosen.com/clothing/...gildo-zegna/milano-trofeo-600-suit/p/01051095

Anyway I was told in June and on Father's Day alone the second suit is half off ie $600/$300 but if anyone's in need and in the area I'd highly recommend.
I just wonder why $600 fused suits are great value? Saks by Samuelsohn is the same price as JP Tilford. The EZegna suits HR carries are full canvased and better fabric. And you can find Samuelsohn suits at HR outlet for $800 before the 15% discount. If you just go up to the fifth floor, the bay carries many solid charcoal/navy Samuelsohn suits for less than $1000 before 15% discount plus another 15% if you have a SPC card.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol np. Lemme address your points. Certainly the fused construction is the main savings over a straight-up E. Zegna suit. But this is $677 to walk out with it and that is $4230. Your best shot is $3K for an E. Zegna on sale, at best. Further, I have a Canali (and a Tom James, lol) fully-canvassed and frankly I find the merits over fused to be greatly exaggerated on SF. Sometimes in the dead of summer in a fused HB I'll wonder "would full canvass be cooler?..no. Removing your suit jacket in direct sunlight remains the top cooling method" :happy: As for drape and that, well, that falls under fit. I'll always compare fit/fabric/quality over FC vs fused. I've tried on a bunch of Samuelsohn and yeah it's good fabric. Jack at Tello & Son in FCP is always preaching the merits of a tailored on discount so I am open to it...but, I'm telling you, this E. Zegna silk-wool is unreal. It was the main motivation for my gushy poast/reco, besides the amazing fit and stitching. I really doubt there's a better mill they source for the "real" E. Zegna fabric in their very own suits. In fact, some old hand salesman at Rosen was bemoaning to me once that they carry so much Canali and so little E. Zegna. I decried that they were equally-excellent on fabric. Then we walked the store to settle the bet, so to speak. I lost. E. Zegna def gets the edge. Here you're getting that in an excellent fit qual and styling fused construction at like 1/5 the cost. The liner says Saks Fifth Avenue instead of Ermenegildo Zegna. Fused. That's it.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I was researching some more and ran my grubby fingies over this thing a bunch of times and discovered that there are two Saks house brand levels. This is the italian-made "black" label v. the wherever emerging market "red" label. More importantly half-canvassed. The cheap outlet-only red line is fused. Better? :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads