• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Food
Pok Pop
Whisky Lounge (drinking vinegars are a trip)
Le Pigeon
Farmers Market on Saturday is a must (youll find just about everything there)

Beverages
Stumptown coffee
Romtom. Nice bar. Is that a black leather/maple colored wood ames chair inside?
Dig a Pony - good hh and excellent cocktails

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Welcome to Portland in the summertime Namor.

I've been to Sacramento a bit. You should move here. You'll get used to the rain--it will let you wear more of your wardrobe.

thanks man, Portland is everything Sac isnt. it was even sunny the entire time i was there, hot even by some standards. there's something cool going on in that city, especially for a traveler. having just traveled europe for 6 weeks - paris, london, amsterdam, barcelona, italy, prague, and budapest - i would say portland is as much fun and entertaining for a weekend as any city i recently visited. i think ill plan a portland/seattle trip next time im in the area

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food
Pok Pop
Whisky Lounge (drinking vinegars are a trip)
Le Pigeon
Farmers Market on Saturday is a must (youll find just about everything there)

Beverages
Stumptown coffee
Romtom. Nice bar. Is that a black leather/maple colored wood ames chair inside?
Dig a Pony - good hh and excellent cocktails
Pok Pok and Le Pigeon are two excellent choices if you can only have two dinners in Portland. Stumptown might be good, but it's not even the best coffee in Portland!

Rontoms and Dig a Pony, though... they attract a pretty douchey clientele much of the time. I like the Tannery. I'm also looking forward to the re-opening of Beaker and Flask: focusing more heavily on the bar will, I think, be good for them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I agree with only half of your assessment; I think I was the only prick with shell boots in there. Lol I'll have to visit beaker and flask next time I'm there

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good stuff, good vibes. Come hang on Saturday!

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im getting booted out of my epic hawthorne rental, landlords selling the condo. Putting a 2bed/2bath on market for 399. epic lulz are being had at this price. Next door unit just went on market for 350, for same unit. I guess the pearl isnt the only place where idiots are being gouged.

Rental market game is awfuly tight right now, so it got me thinking about buying a small house instead. Even ******* worse. All these new condos being built on division may help take some pressure off and add inventory, but isnt the vacancy rate in the pearl pretty high on condos?

Anyone have any rental resources besides padmapper/CL/zillow?

Non boring housing content:

The new old lompoc in NW has had a pretty solid renovation, good place for beers in the ABC zone.

Joined circuit bouldering gym for a month while im on grand jury, place is rad. tons of climbing babes. anyone here go?

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portland housing market is really annoying. I have no advice, but much sympathy for the rental process...

I started bouldering at the Circuit last month! Hah. Which one do you go to? The one in NE off Sandy is right by my apartment. I was actually thinking about going tonight after work.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i goto the NE one. Taking a day or two off, got some weird tendonitis type elbow pains from climbing too much.

Does it get pretty slammed after work? Seems busy even during the day. Jobless dirtbags.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
Ill hit you up a couple times a week? about how longs the trail? I usually run indoors but when the sun starts coming out for I'd be down for some outdoor running.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i goto the NE one. Taking a day or two off, got some weird tendonitis type elbow pains from climbing too much.

Does it get pretty slammed after work? Seems busy even during the day. Jobless dirtbags.
I don't know yet, I've only been on weekends so far. But I'll report back the first time I go after work.

After the last time I went (~1.5 weeks ago) I had that kind of elbow pain, too, but it's gone now. Overuse of those tiny stabilizer muscles I guess.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where does one go in Portland to just sort of hang out if there's nothing specific to do on a day? I've been going to Portland down from Washington a few times a month for the last year or so to see my bespoke tailor; if there's no one to hang out with I tend to go to Powell's, run up council crest, try to find a walk somewhere ( any tips?), or just meander down hawthorne. Downtown seems kind of lame, especially at night... but east of the river seems deserted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads