• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

Luvwine

Reaction score
Am awaiting a pair of shoes by Roberto Ugolini. Got an email from him today with a picture of my shoes asking if I liked the color or if I wanted the shoes to be darker. I guess he likes the shoes as, after I responded telling him I thought the shoes beautiful, he posted the picture to his facebook feed. Funny to see my shoes on the internet before I have them in my possession! Glad he liked how they turned out! Here is the pic. Will post pics once I get them if there is any interest...

Last edited:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Latest pair for long time customer (30 years?).

Waxed flesh from AA Crack (Horween), seamless back (inside and out), straps hand sewn @12spi.

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if I've posted these before but my eldest daughter is getting married...well, it's really a handfasting....on the 18th, and I am, for lack of a real one, serving as the seanachaidh (Keeper of the Traditions) and the fear an taigh (master of ceremony) for the event.

Naturally, I'll be wearing a kilt and these shoes...hand dyed veg tanned kip, skin stitched "dog leg" quarter, vintage 19c. German silver buckle:

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G

Griffindork

Does anyone have recent experience with Berluti bespoke? I'm interested in particular in hearing about fit and the durability of the venezia leather over time.
thanks

Luvwine

Reaction score
My new Ugolini's arrived yesterday. Here they are,straight out of the box. Have tried them on and fear I am in for several break in sessions....

Luvwine

Reaction score
My break in impressions may be exacerbated by the fact I just returned from a week at Yosemite where the only footwear I wore were hiking boots. My feet seem to prefer the spacious interior of said boots to the restricted confines of dress shoes at the moment....
1f633.png

Luvwine

Reaction score

The good kind of breaking in sessions, I hope

I don't know if my experience is unusual, but my first pair of Ugolinis were uncomfortable the first time I wore them. I made the mistake of wearing them where I needed to do a fair amount of walking and got some minor blisters. Thereafter, they got more comfortable and after a half dozen wears, they became quite comfy. They still fit very snugly, but that is compared to my other, off the rack, shoes. Like many Americans, I suspect I have bought shoes that are a little too large for me. Additionally, if the last is not a very good match for one's feet, over sizing to sone extent is inevitable in off the rack footwear. I am now aware that in many of my old shoes, that my feet have room to swim around. i suspect it will take several wearing a, but that afterward these new shoes will get comfortable. However, I will start off more slowly this time. Is my experience unusual?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if my experience is unusual, but my first pair of Ugolinis were uncomfortable the first time I wore them. I made the mistake of wearing them where I needed to do a fair amount of walking and got some minor blisters. Thereafter, they got more comfortable and after a half dozen wears, they became quite comfy. They still fit very snugly, but that is compared to my other, off the rack, shoes. Like many Americans, I suspect I have bought shoes that are a little too large for me. Additionally, if the last is not a very good match for one's feet, over sizing to sone extent is inevitable in off the rack footwear. I am now aware that in many of my old shoes, that my feet have room to swim around. i suspect it will take several wearing a, but that afterward these new shoes will get comfortable. However, I will start off more slowly this time. Is my experience unusual?

Its not advisable to walk a fair amount in a brand new pair of shoes, RTW or bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads