• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get small sizes. (US7/UK6.5 or smaller)

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I think you will be able to ask my question. I have several pairs from Carmina in size 6,5 (being the Simpson last the best fitting last, though I can wear without problems Rain, Forest and Robert). I have also several Yanko in size 6. I've heard Carmina sizing is smaller than british ones. Could you confirm if it would be a good idea to size half size down in Edward Green and Gaziano&Girling? I am about to buy online but don't know if it would be a good idea...

Thanks in advance.

Chowkin

Reaction score

Dear all,

I think you will be able to ask my question. I have several pairs from Carmina in size 6,5 (being the Simpson last the best fitting last, though I can wear without problems Rain, Forest and Robert). I have also several Yanko in size 6. I've heard Carmina sizing is smaller than british ones. Could you confirm if it would be a good idea to size half size down in Edward Green and Gaziano&Girling? I am about to buy online but don't know if it would be a good idea...

Thanks in advance.

It depends on which British makers. For EG and G&G, I find they are snugger fitting than C&J or Church's. Most people take a half size bigger in the former two brands.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Hi, aristoi, welcome! I really recommend trying on them in store first, if you have the chance. As for the size translation, I hope I can help you but my carmina loafer is still not delivered, will update this when they arrive. if you can't try them on first, pick a retailer that accept changes/returns.

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on which British makers. For EG and G&G, I find they are snugger fitting than C&J or Church's. Most people take a half size bigger in the former two brands.

Quote:
Thank you for your kind answers. manasdirge, I'm looking forward to reading your comment about the sizing on this loafer (which last it is?).

I'm happy to hear that EG and GG are snugger than other british, I always prefer a snug fitting shoe.

Best,

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind answers. manasdirge, I'm looking forward to reading your comment about the sizing on this loafer (which last it is?).

I'm happy to hear that EG and GG are snugger than other british, I always prefer a snug fitting shoe.

Best,
it's forest last, they should be finished in mid November, but seems Carmina has delayed many of the GMTOs due to the high demand
ffffuuuu.gif

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dug out some photos I took of my Cheaneys mentioned in a previous post. (Next to my EG Inverness)

Looks like the Cheaney runs long? I've had limited experience from Cheaney and that's what I feel. I wear 6F in Cheaney and 6.5E in EG and the former feels longer. A big reason I've held back on picking up the Cheaney veldt boots since they're G width.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the FS029 boot (SF boot) of Cheaney in UK6.5F and too have the feeling Cheaneys' lasts run long in general.
In case I buy a new pair of boots from Cheaney, which I will probably do because I love the current one despite it being a poor fit for my feet, I would size down not only half, but full a size in length.
Sadly Cheaney makes shoes in sizes smaller than UK6 only MTO. They quoted me a price of GBP525 for the FS029 in that case, which I am not willing to pay.
Well, there is still the Herring Langdale.

Last edited:

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the FS029 boot (SF boot) of Cheaney in UK6.5F and too have the feeling Cheaneys' lasts run long in general.
In case I buy a new pair of boots from Cheaney, which I will probably do because I love the current one despite it being a poor fit for my feet, I would size down not only half, but full a size in length.
Sadly Cheaney makes shoes in sizes smaller than UK6 only MTO. They quoted me a price of GBP525 for the FS029 in that case, which I am not willing to pay.
Well, there is still the Herring Langdale.
well, for those brands don't normally make sizes under UK6 (Cheaney, Alfred Sargent, Yanko etc), I have seen some UK5/5.5s on japan auction site, an example here: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m152394542, but the styles are limited.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, finally received my Carmina forest loafer, everything is fine, except heel slippery. Come on, it's size 5! and I don't think smaller size will fit cause my forefoot part is already snug, guess it's my narrow heel again, and perhaps I have to give up on Carmina forest last.
confused.gif

Still, some pictures for you guys!

Chowkin

Reaction score

well, finally received my Carmina forest loafer, everything is fine, except heel slippery. Come on, it's size 5! and I don't think smaller size will fit cause my forefoot part is already snug, guess it's my narrow heel again, and perhaps I have to give up on Carmina forest last.:confused: Still, some pictures for you guys!
Sorry to hear about the heel slippage. I have that on my only pair in size 5 too
1f61e.png
BTW, there are a couple of boots in size 5.5 on sale at the Carmina online store. I like this one:

Last edited:

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the heel slippage. I have that on my only pair in size 5 too
1f61e.png

BTW, there are a couple of boots in size 5.5 on sale at the Carmina online store. I like this one:

That boot's nice, but with the size 5 running large for me, I certainly won't go for a size 5.5 in Carmina
confused.gif

tbrock

Reaction score
Another addition to my list now is Meermin. If you can be bothered with their stiffness and quality control, it is a superb option for people with small feet. I have now tried two boots on the hiro last and both have been very snug in 5.5 and 6 (shearling lined).

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another addition to my list now is Meermin. If you can be bothered with their stiffness and quality control, it is a superb option for people with small feet. I have now tried two boots on the hiro last and both have been very snug in 5.5 and 6 (shearling lined).
hmm, I should have my meermin in size 5.5 by now, but the local post office have returned the shoes back to Spain! and they don't tell me why that happens, now I am waiting for the seller's response and see if the shoes are really sent back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads