• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pomodoro Technique

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have used a variety of time management techniques in the past.I learnt a lot about it as a Chef and then adapted and used that knowledge in the HR sector. Recently someone gave me a hand out on the Pomodoro Technique. I wonder is there anyone here who uses it and have they found it beneficial in terms of personal productivity, output and focus in particular to lengthy written work?

Last edited:

papa kot

Reaction score
This technique saved my professional life and I highly recommend it to anybody who struggles with time management or has ADD. I used to have a timer on my desk, but then I started drinking coffee during my buddies' coffee brakes. Works like a charm.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've given it a try a few times...mostly using it to force myself through household chores without getting distracted. It works...but most of the time I get through things without needing it.

I do run Workrave on my work PC. It monitors keyboard/mouse usage and asks you to take a break after a configurable amount of time. I started running it because I was having wrist pain, but I think the breaks themselves are helpful to clear my mind. My current settings are a 30 second break every 10 minutes and a 5 minute break every 50 minutes. It only counts time when you are actively using the computer, so if I get up to go to the bathroom and get coffee and come back after 5 minutes, the timer will have been reset to 50 minutes. Same goes for the 30 second break, those often occur naturally , but it is nice to get a reminder that says "Hey, you have been typing/mousing for 10 minutes straight--take a few seconds to shake your wrists out and blink your eyes a few times".
You can also power through the warnings if you really want...if you just keep typing or moving the mouse (say you are trying to get out an urgent email), the app will postpone and wait for you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads