• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Overcoat Thread

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple coat. Would you wear this? I'm not sure I would, but it's cool.

View attachment 2141669

@lordsuperb purple coat. would you wear this?

I'm pretty adventurous in regard of colours, but would never wear this one, although the cloth looks superb on its own.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple the right way.

Screenshot (1285).png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that is more of a balmacaan coat

I think that is more of a balmacaan coat

Purple coat. Would you wear this? I'm not sure I would, but it's cool.

View attachment 2141669

@lordsuperb purple coat. would you wear this?
Not for me either. But im sure the customer wanted it & they made it. B&tailor has awesome coats

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

corpseposeur

Reaction score
One of my "grail" garments. An Oxxford Clothes Polo Coat in a plush heavyweight camelhair. It is made completely by hand and possibly the heaviest coat I own. I like wearing it with jeans, sweater and boots.

It features raw edged horn buttons--which I like but I might have them swapped out as I am worried it'll wear down the handmade buttonholes. The thick cloth also make the pockets splay out a bit more than I would like so I've just been tucking them in. I have noticed the back of the collar is starting to show some wear which I guess comes with the territory of camelhair.

I love the way the lapel rolls on this style of coat. Also featured is my dog in his own bespoke coat.
F117DF96-AC0A-4CBE-B39C-740249148BB4.jpeg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my "grail" garments. An Oxxford Clothes Polo Coat in a plush heavyweight camelhair. It is made completely by hand and possibly the heaviest coat I own. I like wearing it with jeans, sweater and boots.

It features raw edged horn buttons--which I like but I might have them swapped out as I am worried it'll wear down the handmade buttonholes. The thick cloth also make the pockets splay out a bit more than I would like so I've just been tucking them in. I have noticed the back of the collar is starting to show some wear which I guess comes with the territory of camelhair.

I love the way the lapel rolls on this style of coat. Also featured is my dog in his own bespoke coat. View attachment 2143131

Looks perfect! Was this a order from oxxford? Or a thift/ebay snag?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics