• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY, AND F

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My opinion is that you are a pest. You have barely 200 posts on this forum, and already you cannot get in a discussion with me without commenting on character and motivations.

I will delete all your future posts in this thread.

That's a little heavy-handed and dictatorial if you ask me....

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've apparently ironed a part polyester shirt for over a year now and had no idea it was polyed up.

I disliked the cloth for other reasons but my polydar is apparently not as finely tuned as yours.

Sorry, sometime I forget I seem to have a very sensitive nose. I don't feel poly but I can smell it when it gets hot.
!luc

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
Tentei, fracassei e, contraditoriamente, ganhei.

Your English is not doing you any service and your arrogance is manifesting in your insistence on arguing on this point, despite your handicap in understanding what is being discussed.

Oh boy... You could not understand the difference between "best" and "first time", so I am the one that can not interpret a phrase?

Quote:
So, you're saying that all those guys (Mariano, Will, Vox, etc...) that were donning shirts made of this chambray were hallucinating about their wearing properties?
I did not say that the composition does not affects the wearing properties of a shirting, I said that what made this shirting popular may have something to do with the polyester in it. After all, many were praising it.

Quote:
No need to be so "low".

Quote:
Who you are and what motivates you are as important as the data that you analysis. Obviously, you are not familiar with the Human science methodology.

Quote:
You're entitled to do that, accept your defeat, that is.

hws

Reaction score

Your English is not doing you any service and your arrogance is manifesting in your insistence on arguing on this point, despite your handicap in understanding what is being discussed.

The English of him seem quite good, I think the language is no a problem!

I just return to my home, but now I must to go for make drink with two lady! :slayer:

CaymanS

Reaction score

It's not like we weren't dressed appropriately.

It's the LH shoulder expression that did you in.

Jokes aside, the service you experienced is similar to almost every dining experience I've had in Manhattan.

Took my sister to Bond St. for sushi one time I was in town and the waitress visited exactly once to take a food and drink order and never come back. I'm not exaggerating - once. I had to walk up to her at the end of my meal and ask for my check. We would have been happy to order more fish and drinks, but I never had a chance(!) I've never failed to tip a waiter or waitress but I gave 15% that night, which is my version of no tip.

Service at Luger's was lackluster but the burger made up for it - probably the best 12 dollar meal on earth. Steak was ok at best - a far cry from the artistry of a David Burke steak.

Minetta Tavern is delish but the folks behind the bar can be crotchety and cooler-than-thou. I get it. I wear suits, and my knuckles aren't tattooed. Sawy. Cute waitress last time I went made up for it - I think they were just overstretched, if anything.

Honestly? My favorite thing about Manhattan (culinarily) is Grom. To all the New Yorkers - go there at 10:30ish, right before closing, so you can canoodle with all the models who go there after a hard day's work. Nothing like a small crew of gorgeous, blond 19 - 21 year olds who just flew in from Bumblefuck Iowa/Minnesota and weigh a buck-0-5 soaking wet ravenously consuming bowls of gelato to accompany your two scoops of flawless, creamy goodness. Eye candy is the next best thing after real candy.

(All of this is spoken from a non-Manhattanite's perspective, of course, but my negative waitering/waitressing experiences have now been too pervasive to be one-off events. And there are exceptions - Mario Batali himself came and chopped it up with us at Otto, so not every NY establishment treats you like you're just lucky to be eating the food there.)

Last edited:

ylkim30

Reaction score
I've never had outright rude service in a restaurant in New York, though I do remember one time being seated near the back at Da Silvano years ago when the front of the house was nearly empty.

But, then again, I frequently go to Korean restaurant with gruff waitresses without batting an eye, so YMMV.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's the LH shoulder expression that did you in.

Jokes aside, the service you experienced is similar to almost every dining experience I've had in Manhattan.

Took my sister to Bond St. for sushi one time I was in town and the waitress visited exactly once to take a food and drink order and never come back. I'm not exaggerating - once. I had to walk up to her at the end of my meal and ask for my check. We would have been happy to order more fish and drinks, but I never had a chance(!) I've never failed to tip a waiter or waitress but I gave 15% that night, which is my version of no tip.

Service at Luger's was lackluster but the burger made up for it - probably the best 12 dollar meal on earth. Steak was ok at best - a far cry from the artistry of a David Burke steak.

Minetta Tavern is delish but the folks behind the bar can be crotchety and cooler-than-thou. I get it. I wear suits, and my knuckles aren't tattooed. Sawy. Cute waitress last time I went made up for it - I think they were just overstretched, if anything.

Honestly? My favorite thing about Manhattan (culinarily) is Grom. To all the New Yorkers - go there at 10:30ish, right before closing, so you can canoodle with all the models who go there after a hard day's work. Nothing like a small crew of gorgeous, blond 19 - 21 year olds who just flew in from Bumblefuck Iowa/Minnesota and weigh a buck-0-5 soaking wet ravenously consuming bowls of gelato to accompany your two scoops of flawless, creamy goodness. Eye candy is the next best thing after real candy.

(All of this is spoken from a non-Manhattanite's perspective, of course, but my negative waitering/waitressing experiences have now been too pervasive to be one-off events. And there are exceptions - Mario Batali himself came and chopped it up with us at Otto, so not every NY establishment treats you like you're just lucky to be eating the food there.)
Which Grom? I know the one on th eUWS, and there is one near Columbus Circle (in which I have never been). Is there another in NYC?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which Grom? I know the one on th eUWS, and there is one near Columbus Circle (in which I have never been). Is there another in NYC?

There's one in the W Village, that's the one I assumed he was talking about.

hws

Reaction score

There's one in the W Village, that's the one I assumed he was talking about.

Yes, when I have stay to New York, I have go to Grom some time, West Village, also other close of Columbus Circle. HonnΓͺtely Grom of New York is same of Grom of Milan, is no bad for ice cream, for to see ***** go some where else! :slayer:

CaymanS

Reaction score
Is hws foreign or does he troll-post like t4phage?

As an aside, I was reading some of the askandy archives the other day (back when all the smart people (vox, manton, foo, etc.) posted there) and it was a shocker to see t4phage pre-troll-posting. Full sentences...I knew he had it in him!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Is hws foreign or does he troll-post like t4phage?

As an aside, I was reading some of the askandy archives the other day (back when all the smart people (vox, manton, foo, etc.) posted there) and it was a shocker to see t4phage pre-troll-posting. Full sentences...I knew he had it in him!

I think
I will start
to post like this
except
I do not
know how

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads