• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a case of the Lopez Gravonia white hopefully shipping this week from FP, along with my case of Tondonia and a case of assorted other goodies. Emailed FP on Friday hoping to get the ball rolling and have the 3 cases ready to ship sent to my wine locker so I can get to them when I'm back in town

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Gravonia is something that I'll order by the glass if I see it at a bar. It's super interesting but just too oxidized for me to want multiple glasses. I wish I owned a cases upon cases of Tondonia and Bosconia.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured at the price I couldn't go wrong. If it doesn't work out, I'll have a wine I can serve at summer parties (we entertain a lot, so having a white on hand to pour isn't a bad idea). If I do like it, I'll have a case of wine that I like.

Also signed up for a case of wine of Monte Bello futures through Ridge. Went off @venividivicibj's advice, from when I was thinking about buying wine to start growing a vertical from. I should be able to get in to this year's release (2016 vintage, so ship in 2019), and hope I can get something fun started.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soif in Santa Cruz follows this model. Best wine shop in the county.

I was recently talking to someone who had gone to Santa Cruz for grad school and remembered that I've somehow never stepped foot in that town.

Will make a mental note of Soif just in case I happen to break my inadvertent lifetime streak of avoiding SC.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think I need another Vinotemp. :embar:

Not a big one, maybe just one of their 120 bottles or so.

Forum Troll

Reaction score
I think I need another Vinotemp.
shog[1].gif

Not a big one, maybe just one of their 120 bottles or so.

Recently helped my brother move a Le Cache vault series 368 bottle cabinet that he scored on Craigslist for $1200. The owner was moving out of the state and did not want to move it.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In separate news, Spanish whites are growing on me. I hope they stay cheap.

There was a pretty good 'I'll drink to that' podcast with Lopez de Heredia where the (I think older sister?) talks about how the whites, how they age and barrel almost exactly like the reds. Very interesting

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Washington Sangiovese is becoming one of my new QPR favorites. Had some really good bottles of late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads