• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm off wine for a bit. Too many carbs. 😥

Got to lose some weight before meeting my old uni crew for golf at St. Andrews in May. If I show up this fat I'll be roasted to a cinder.
200w.gif

Heft is a sign of wealth. Only the hoi polloi toil!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must admit, I'm not, like, super good at dieting. :blush:

IMG_0562.jpg

Drank some healthy, thinning bourbon first but that just made me want to hit the wine later. Maybe self improvement isn't for me?

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a 2020 Linne Sticks and Stone tonight with dinner. The most complex and huge yet easy to quaff wine you could wish for.

Now sipping a Babs 2021 Red Wine blend; heavy Grenache.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We split a bottle daily with dinner, 1.5-2 glasses for her and I tackle the remainder.

Oy, we spent way too much money. I have over a dozen cases getting delivered next week.

Best out of new places we tried would be Fulldraw. Owner/winemaker worked six years at Booker while he developed a vineyard on a directly adjacent 100 acre plot and then went out on his own. We hit there after our Booker tasting and were lucky enough we were the only visitors and got to spend over an hour with Gary the assistant winemaker. Enjoyed the wines very much.

Worst new wine we tried was La Cuvier. Very nice setting, impressive food paired with the tasting, very friendly staff. The winemaker is obviously making the wine he wants to produce but it's not for us.

It had been several years since we visited Epoch and the new tasting room is simply stunning. Great tasting there with friendly staff.

Speaking of Fulldraw - their stuff is great with a couple years on it. Can be a bit much right out of bottling.
IMG_6050.jpeg

And Clos Solene

IMG_6049.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So per Gary that Chopping Block...the wife had just bought a gorgeous new cutting board, and for a reason I can't remember, he laid the cleaver into it. While not happy the wife decided a pic of that would make a good wine lable/name for that bottling.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yikes, just looked at my CC to see what the damage was.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Cracked a magnum of Self Esteem from Slacker (second label for Linne). 2020, 90% Grenache, 10% Syrah. Very tasty and went down very quickly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Cellar Tracker has been down for a couple of days :(

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads-up, Fabien Castel, the longtime winemaker at The Ojai Vineyard, has gone out on his own and is starting sales shortly. Good opportunity to get on his list early and I imagine the wines will get more expensive once the reviews come in.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads-up, Fabien Castel, the longtime winemaker at The Ojai Vineyard, has gone out on his own and is starting sales shortly. Good opportunity to get on his list early and I imagine the wines will get more expensive once the reviews come in.

Does he have a specialty of the 9 listed?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Data points: OM is down 15 lbs so far on the steak and bourbon diet. OM's Mrs. was out with some Korean LPs last night and came home absolutely hammered on soju, so has no recourse to moral suasion. Conclusion: OM can have a little Beauj, as a treat.

IMG_0587.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads