• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Savers: you know when the best time to roll out 40 Harris Tweed jackets is? On the first day of spring.:fu: *

*All different sizes, from $6-$8. @capnwes come and get 'em.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you all actually went to the Loro Piana site and seen some of those prices they suggest? Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is the fact that someone literally donates those pieces.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tailor likes telling a story of how he talked a client out of purchasing a $20k Vicuna overcoat for her boyfriend from the LP store around here and made him one for ~$12k instead.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tailor likes telling a story of how he talked a client out of purchasing a $20k Vicuna overcoat for her boyfriend from the LP store around here and made him one for ~$12k instead.
Now that's awesome, that'd be a great story to tell. But some of the pieces in here I've seen people find had to fetch that $12k price at least, new.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran into @mymainman there too. He probably thought I was trippin' balls or something. When he came up to me I was going over jackets looking for flaws but I was COMPLETELY zoned out. It took me a couple of seconds to regain my bearings. It was a long day haha.
Haha. I didn't even notice. After my super ****** week, I was zoned out too. Slept about 3 hours each night since Monday so I was totally out of it. I hit that store up like 3-4 times a week usually. I'll keep an eye out for the pants. That striped one should be obvious enough. The others might be hard to spot.

I ended up grabbing like 3 sweaters and a beater J Crew lavender gingham all for me. Since it's been warm, i've found like 10-12 great sweaters that fit me well. Going to need to downsize soon.

philologos

Reaction score
Better picture. Upon closer inspection, it's painted on silk and the silk looks pretty old.
Looks solid to me. I'm no expert in Tibetan art, but this looks similar to other portraits of Tibetan lamas. With the flood of Tibetan Thangka paintings for the tourist market, it can be difficult to assess the age and value of these things, but given that the subject matter is less common than all the devotional images on eBay, it might be worth sending a few emails to Tibetan art experts. It's spring break here, but my office neighbor is a Tibetologist—I can ask him to have a look at it when he gets back if you like.

futuremyth

Reaction score

What a practical and beautiful use of the space and cool items you've collected. Fantastic job putting together a workspace that you'd enjoy hanging out in as well.
cheers.gif

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Earlier question again with pics. Suitor mantellassi for prl?

Soles have 3 nails at the toe and the pattern i recognize at the heels.

@330CK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads