• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally jumped on the Rising Sun Co. 50% off sale. Coped these. Been looking for a pair of nice khaki-ish colored jeans for a while, now. On a side note, dude, why are there so many jeans maker make their straight cut jeans with thin thighs?!
baldy[1].gif

http://shop.risingsunjeans.com/products/reliable-brown-stoker

These do say reliable so I'm expecting at least 20 years of wear.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some cool things today. These two were my favorites.

Canali suit. N/A

Vintage Osh Kosh B'Gosh denim chore coat. Can anyone figure out how old this is from the union label? I'm guessing 40's or 50's. Guy replaced the cuff buttons with cool vintage US Army buttons. Great patina. I'd wear this a lot if it were my size. Sadly it's too small and really on the smaller side. Chest measures 20" and sleeves measure 20 1/2"

Last edited:

OliT

Reaction score
Here are most of the pickups for yesterday and today. Pretty interesting stuff, even though I'm probably taking some risks on being able to flip some of it in Europe. But hey, whatever, it's worth trying.

Tie pickups from yesterday: Dolcepunta (yay!), Vineyard Vines, Vintage PRL and super nice vintage Brooks Brothers, english hand blocked fabric.

Today's ties, some misc fodder: Random made in Italy, but funky pattern, rooster and fan or whatever it could be, U.S. made ancient madder, RT BoC, Vestimenta, Venanzi.

Vineyard Vines x 2

Paul Stuart x4, unknown, made in Italy, made in US and made in England (Drake's). Sadly found a really tiny snag on the Drake's one.

Hermes

Funky prints from Brooks Brothers and Cordings: Leaves, Horsies, bears and something and ducks and paisley pattern.

Vintage Daks any good? 100% cash, if that helps. Some minor snags and small stuff, but couldn't leave it.

How about some Norman Hilton? It's totally ****. Some staining on the lining, but it's not that bad.

Personal pickups, US-made J Crew cotton for summer and Samuelsohn navy blazer. Happy about both of em.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vintage Osh Kosh B'Gosh denim chore coat. Can anyone figure out how old this is from the union label? I'm guessing 40's or 50's. Guy replaced the cuff buttons with cool vintage US Army buttons. Great patina. I'd wear this a lot if it were my size. Sadly it's too small and really on the smaller side. Chest measures 20" and sleeves measure 20 1/2"

Pure win, that one...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxxford pants, same store, different donor. No jackets :(

Solemare for maus Hoffman 100% silk corduroy. Anyone recognize the tag?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI, Oxxford pants with the actual Oxxford label on the waistband are odd trousers so they were never part of a suit.

Oh thank god now I can stop freaking out about the damn jackets that don't exist. The pair of St. Andrews pants howeve have a jacket size on the label so that thing is out there

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh thank god now I can stop freaking out about the damn jackets that don't exist. The pair of St. Andrews pants howeve have a jacket size on the label so that thing is out there

Aw man. I wish @Nataku hadn't told you about that.

PS: Your lobbs are doing better than I though. Honestly, you should accept international buyers even if you use the annoying ebay shipping option for the auction. You have tiny feet guys from china salivating over those shoes!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aw man. I wish @Nataku
 hadn't told you about that.

PS: Your lobbs are doing better than I though. Honestly, you should accept international buyers even if you use the annoying ebay shipping option for the auction. You have tiny feet guys from china salivating over those shoes!

Yea I thought about doing international but I've hears horror stories about shoes disappearing or being confiscated at customs so I'd rather just take less money than lose the money and the shoes. I sold one pair of Ralph lauren shoes to someone overseas and they never made it there

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea I thought about doing international but I've hears horror stories about shoes disappearing or being confiscated at customs so I'd rather just take less money than lose the money and the shoes. I sold one pair of Ralph lauren shoes to someone overseas and they never made it there

I think you're off the hook if you use ebay's shipping service. I think it's overpriced and stupid, but for certain items...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads