• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just found out they built an Off 5th right by my house.

They ever get any good deals in there?

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just found out they built an Off 5th right by my house.

They ever get any good deals in there?

I can usually get Brioni ties for about 50 bucks a piece there (buy one get one deal) same with Versace and such. The one I frequent always does buy one get one, never a percentage off a single item (or rarely). But it's like 99% crap, honestly. Hard to find any real deals.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. I usually run everything as BIN but I may have to give this one a go on auction. Feels like an item that could go bananas.
Ehhh I dunno about that. Keep in mind that although they are worth a lot, they are worth a lot to a relatively small subculture. If it's me, I would go BINOBO and set it really high and see what happens, then you don't have to worry about exposure time with the auction running its course. I just think that with an item you can really make a profit on, might as well play it safe, at least that's my opinion.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hat: Goorin
Coat: Wilkes Bashford
Jacket: Cricketeer HT
Sweater: BB
Shirt: Save Khaki
Tie: Lochcarron Bowie
Jeans: Raleigh
Shoes: Hannover LWB shells, swapped to Florshiem shell loafers because I was going to play with shoes in the store.
Scarf: Johnstons Cashmere
Dude can dress.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. I usually run everything as BIN but I may have to give this one a go on auction. Feels like an item that could go bananas.
Ehhh I dunno about that. Keep in mind that although they are worth a lot, they are worth a lot to a relatively small subculture. If it's me, I would go BINOBO and set it really high and see what happens, then you don't have to worry about exposure time with the auction running its course. I just think that with an item you can really make a profit on, might as well play it safe, at least that's my opinion.
The HD shearling is wimmenz, correct? Sure you'll still make out just fine, but not as good as if it were men's.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
225.29$ on the velcros. This should be fun. Big photo dump coming Sunday. Awesome stuff today guys. This place never ceases to amaze.

OliT

Reaction score

Oh no. The dreded SSSS. Seems like I'll spend some time in security today.
However: Atlanta, brace yourself!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So I ran into this car coat awhile ago... looked for a tag and saw none tra-la!

Buttonholes aplenty tra-la! tra-la!

Till I realized it was inside out! Or not tra-la! It was a reversible coat...
(and by the way this thing is pimp when worn with the polyester side out, even better than the woolen side out)

And a delightful surprise I did find inside my reversible transforming coat tra-la!

Blended wool and alpaca it was tra-la! And tailored in It-al-leeeee....

But no buttons at all! But one! tra-la! and that's the end of the sto-reeeeeee.

Apologies to George RR Martin. Seriously, this is a very nice coat. Marked as a 46 but really probably for a 44 and even I can wear it and I'm more like a 42. There have clearly never been buttons on this thing I don't understand it (maybe they came with and the owner never had em installed?), there's one at the very top and I gotta match it and then do the other side. I'm thinking matching black horn for the woolen side and either stay with black horn or tortoise plastic for the polyester side... gotta see what's out there I guess... thanks to a couple of thread regulars who weighed in previously!
Brag? Brag.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stopped by to pick up some chinos for @Thrift Vader And wound up with a little bit more.
Had been looking at picking up a bar of Otter Wax, and at 6$ I thought I might as well, and buddy wanted some too. Grabbed some Terrapin stationary, which was nifty and cheap, couple of NWT scarves, one for me, and one for someone else. BB Bow was a thrift from a bit ago.

Man I love this shop and the random assortment of stuff they get in sometimes.

They also had a bunch of Georg Jenson housewears, a back issue of Clutch, 3 sets of new Persols

Hat: Goorin
Coat: Wilkes Bashford
Jacket: Cricketeer HT
Sweater: BB
Shirt: Save Khaki
Tie: Lochcarron Bowie
Jeans: Raleigh
Shoes: Hannover LWB shells, swapped to Florshiem shell loafers because I was going to play with shoes in the store.
Scarf: Johnstons Cashmere

Are those whisks fading or are you just happy to see us?
Couple of things.

Crazy puffy frostline kit jacket

And this tie: NSFW

My first one of these! One of those ties with a naked lady inside. I think these do pretty well on the bay.

Bro, let's see the whole thing!

So I ran into this car coat awhile ago... looked for a tag and saw none tra-la!

Buttonholes aplenty tra-la! tra-la!

Till I realized it was inside out! Or not tra-la! It was a reversible coat...
(and by the way this thing is pimp when worn with the polyester side out, even better than the woolen side out)

And a delightful surprise I did find inside my reversible transforming coat tra-la!

Blended wool and alpaca it was tra-la! And tailored in It-al-leeeee....

But no buttons at all! But one! tra-la! and that's the end of the sto-reeeeeee.

Apologies to George RR Martin. Seriously, this is a very nice coat. Marked as a 46 but really probably for a 44 and even I can wear it and I'm more like a 42. There have clearly never been buttons on this thing I don't understand it (maybe they came with and the owner never had em installed?), there's one at the very top and I gotta match it and then do the other side. I'm thinking matching black horn for the woolen side and either stay with black horn or tortoise plastic for the polyester side... gotta see what's out there I guess... thanks to a couple of thread regulars who weighed in previously!
Brag? Brag.
This is a good ass find any day!

Big shout outs to @zerobid for an awesome hook up!!!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! House Of Cards season 3 is ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Brb in a week, bros.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! House Of Cards season 3 is ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt!!!!!!!!!!! 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Brb in a week, bros. 
A week ******, you'll show up red eyed and groggy on Monday.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A week ******, you'll show up red eyed and groggy on Monday.

Lol, I would say yeahhhhhh, but been watching this guy's vids on nerdy ****.

0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads