• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakersea

Reaction score
unworn dead stock Florsheim from 1975( if I read the serial code right) still has the final inspection sticker 8EEE pretty blobby

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nat, how many LP jackets does that make for you now?

Sadly this is only the fourth non-shirt/pants Loro Piana I've found ever. I found a killer quilted cashmere vest a few months ago that will definitely get some use once vest-friendly weather returns to Minnesota.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a car today. It's no Ferrari, but it's like the most reliable car ever, and I'm just happy to have wheels again.

Finally started taking some pictures of recent stuff.

Daniel de Fasson. Nicest Chinese made tie I've ever handled.

These are pretty rough, but I couldn't leave shell.

I should probably post these on Reddit...

Lirum

Reaction score
^^^^^ Nice Kiton haul!

I promised TJGent87 that I would post a fit with this SC today.
My dad's thrifted vintage polo coat
J Peterman baby alpaca scarf, thrift
Hackett SC, B&S
Zegna t-neck, thrift
Zegna trousers, Randomore
Vintage W. E. Turner wingtips, thrift

This is exactly how I wish I dressed. But it's really hard to break into this when all guides are either 'how to dress as a college student' and 'hey, this is how you wear starter suits and ties for the workplace'.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score

Stopped by to pick up some chinos for @Thrift Vader And wound up with a little bit more.
Had been looking at picking up a bar of Otter Wax, and at 6$ I thought I might as well, and buddy wanted some too. Grabbed some Terrapin stationary, which was nifty and cheap, couple of NWT scarves, one for me, and one for someone else. BB Bow was a thrift from a bit ago.

Man I love this shop and the random assortment of stuff they get in sometimes.

They also had a bunch of Georg Jenson housewears, a back issue of Clutch, 3 sets of new Persols

Hat: Goorin
Coat: Wilkes Bashford
Jacket: Cricketeer HT
Sweater: BB
Shirt: Save Khaki
Tie: Lochcarron Bowie
Jeans: Raleigh
Shoes: Hannover LWB shells, swapped to Florshiem shell loafers because I was going to play with shoes in the store.
Scarf: Johnstons Cashmere

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ That looks like an awesome discount stop!

outerwear dudes...know anything about this company?

also, what was that link that went over all the different vintage outerwear brands?

Just saw this. Holubar, if in good shape is an auto-kop. I'll echo Fueco in saying it's some of the best vintage outerwear.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a car today. It's no Ferrari, but it's like the most reliable car ever, and I'm just happy to have wheels again. Finally started taking some pictures of recent stuff. Daniel de Fasson. Nicest Chinese made tie I've ever handled. These are pretty rough, but I couldn't leave shell. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] I should probably post these on Reddit...
Those shoes look great!

OolongT

Reaction score

Damn a Harley Shearling? That's probably a solid few hundred bucks on the bay. Authentic Harley Davidson leathers fuckin kill it.

Totally agree. I usually run everything as BIN but I may have to give this one a go on auction. Feels like an item that could go bananas.

More than likely 70's, prior to their royal warrant being issued. Have a bowtie from around the same time.

Thank you much for the info!

Two finds from today:

PRL Suede Jacket

Gloverall Original Duffle Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance