• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wes, that coat is awesome. If it's a 38, you know what to do
smile.gif
I was waiting for you. Haven't measured it yet....but I bet it is.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:stirpot:

some shirts I Found today.​

Gucci and Louis​

Picked this up for a couple bucks. real old. poster prob reissue.

Cross colours jacket, redwing boots, some vintage harley leather vests, one full of pins.

Awesome firemans jacket.

Orvis cooler

POLO stuff

:nodding:

Traded buffalo exchange some crap for this, they really don't know **** about clothes there......
:slayer::fistbump:

I shouldn't have only paid the guy 2$ for this backpack but he didn't recognize its true potential.
Supreme X Northface 3m backpack in the best color lol :nodding:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

:stirpot:

some shirts I Found today.​

Gucci and Louis​

Cross colours jacket, redwing boots, some vintage harley leather vests, one full of pins.

Awesome firemans jacket.

Orvis cooler

POLO stuff

:nodding:

Traded buffalo exchange some crap for this, they really don't know **** about clothes there......
:slayer::fistbump:

I shouldn't have only paid the guy 2$ for this backpack but he didn't recognize its true potential.
Supreme X Northface 3m backpack in the best color lol :nodding:

A lot of awesome stuff but I REALLY want the cycling poster...

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stirpot.gif

some shirts I Found today.

Gucci and Louis​

Awesome firemans jacket.

Orvis cooler

POLO stuff

nod[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif

Supreme X Northface 3m backpack in the best color lol
nod[1].gif

Please keep posting stuff like this.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Some cool things from the past couple weeks, a blend of true thrifts and (real) e-thrifts, all my size and very much n/a

First out the gate is a couple boring pair of lightweight trousers for the summer in light yellow linen and ivory hopsack:

Next, an awesome donegally herringbone tweed bomber, showcased in a thrift-ish fit worn to collect wetland specimens for a PBIO lab:

Thrifted: LE Bomber, Bill's bullard twills
Traded: GB POW flannel
Definitely not thrifted: Russell Moccasin 12" boots

Finally, the cool stuff, a very different type of workwear, starting with briar britches in light, medium, and ultra-heavyweights:

Thornproof lightweight poplin Willis & Geigers

Water-resistance canvas Red Heads, fronted through mid-thigh and reinforced in the seat with a second layer.

Abercrombie & Fitch suede-fronted poplin safari trousers, reinforced with a second layer of fabric in the seat and nearly unworn

After the pants come a new pair of hunting coats.

Ayrstar olive poplin 3/2 triple-patch sack, with a bright red collar, action shoulders, half-belted back, and zip/button-out waterproof game pocket at inside left hip

Khaki Abercrombie & Fitch shooting jacket, with padded shoulders, (aftermarket) hand warmer pockets, bellowed patch pockets, rubber-lined expandable poachers pocket, corduroy cuffs and collar, and adouble-pleated half-belt back

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow wes that jacket is all win.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This post is for you, 'Murica.

Woolrich overalls - made in the USA

Patagonia - made in the USA

Class 5 - made in the USA

Class 5 puffer vest - made in the USA. First time finding Class 5 and these were at different stores.

Burberry by HF bamboo/wool - made in the USA

Wah Maker vest - made in the USA

EZ linen by Incotex

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some cool things from the past couple weeks, a blend of true thrifts and (real) e-thrifts, all my size and very much n/a

First out the gate is a couple boring pair of lightweight trousers for the summer in light yellow linen and ivory hopsack:

Thrifted: LE Bomber, Bill's bullard twills
Traded: GB POW flannel
Definitely not thrifted: Russell Moccasin 12" boots

Finally, the cool stuff, a very different type of workwear, starting with briar britches in light, medium, and ultra-heavyweights:

Thornproof lightweight poplin Willis & Geigers

Water-resistance canvas Red Heads, fronted through mid-thigh and reinforced in the seat with a second layer.

Abercrombie & Fitch suede-fronted poplin safari trousers, reinforced with a second layer of fabric in the seat and nearly unworn

After the pants come a new pair of hunting coats.

Ayrstar olive poplin 3/2 triple-patch sack, with a bright red collar, action shoulders, half-belted back, and zip/button-out waterproof game pocket at inside left hip

Khaki Abercrombie & Fitch shooting jacket, with padded shoulders, (aftermarket) hand warmer pockets, bellowed patch pockets, rubber-lined expandable poachers pocket, corduroy cuffs and collar, and adouble-pleated half-belt back

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much win up there! I really need to start checking the tee shirts. Problem is, I can barely muster the strength to go through the dress shirts.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'ma leave this scarf and this jacket here. These came from my massive haul last week, and, with the blue tux, are the only pieces I'm keeping. Once again, 0 alterations. Edit: And a HUGE shout to Wes for an awesome trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads