• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning Spoo!

@Takai bro, after seeing you pull The Viridi Anne I'm stoked to see what other grails you could pull from that one store by your house? Maybe next time we'll see some Undercoverism? Visvim? nonnative? Damn, I'm getting so stoked!

Last edited:

timhortons

Reaction score
fistbump.gif
Great song

It was one of those days with not much to do
I was chilling downtown with my old skool crue
i went in a store to buy a slice of pizza
and pumped into a girl her name was mona, mona lisa.
what

i can imagine someone blasting that with loose screws in the car rattling like an aluminium can thrown down the street.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@drlivingston & @Snoogz & @SpooPoker . and others....

said it just like him too!
lol8[1].gif
you guys like your sounds.

so. while we got a minute for our cars. i have been Thrifting and discounting like a mad man.
starting with the thrift....

"Tanabe" Sustec Coilover suspension. RRP $800+ - thrift? $360

"Trust" Hi-power 2 stainless muffler RRP $5-600 E-thrift? $160 plus postage.

"Work" VS 18x9-18x10 rims RRP $2,000+ thrift? $600

test fit:

^ sitting high because i still had it up on the jack.and need to roll the arches.
Discount:
every item of the stereo setup pictured earlier.
Pioneer head unit $100
Clarion 6" 3 ways $60
Clarion 6"x9" 5 ways $40 plus $30 postage (still worth it, no 6x9's in Japan)
wires and stuff -meh not counting.

a random Intercooler from a Mitsubishi.

some paint on the ends, and a gasoline clean will go far on this- $50
(that turbo? yeah, still got that HKS GT3040 600hp turbo thrifted last year-$300) and you say : but your car isn't turbo??!! not today it isn't.
devil.gif

more discount stuff.
"Blitz" LM air filter $35 - sale

-old filter in the box, new filter in the car.

"MOTUL" street spec 5w-40 synthetic oil $58 (ladies day today at Autobacs, my wife got a $15 discount)

"Cusco" Alc-os Aluminum&Carbon fiber front strut brace. $150 -20% discount.

still waiting for it to arrive...........

now E- shopping for widebody FRP front fenders, Carbon hood,(to get the weight down) Supra brakes,aftermarket ECU,2-way LSD, and a few other bits. all thrift or discount only.
new belts,plugs,and transmission service were free....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

= i like my sounds, but i like going fast even more.

And i have only had this car less than a week. so my jeans thrifting has slowed a bit. sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol8%5B1%5D.gif
I have done more custom audio installs, than times you've guessed your size wrong.:rimshot: and am about to do another install this week. more than happy to help a productive member with a fun project for his lady.
I was making fun of your fits, but thanks for reminding me that you can't measure either. But hey atleast you have decent taste in sneakers!

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tie sections have been good to me lately. Found even more, such as 14 Talbotts at one stop, but i'll just include my favorites of them. All N/A because I have a hoarding problem.
those colorful talbott ties go for $$$$ fyi, sold the same tie in this photo for ~$100 binobo in about 10 mins.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Valentino SC Camelhair, patch pockets. Too big for me.

Are these PRL grey wool trousers corn?

Yeah. Looks like old PRL label. Blue used to be corn even at that point for the italy stuff if I'm not mistaken.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

listen, audio heads.

when i was 17, i bought a JBL tube subwoofer at Circuit City, and some random like 100 watt amp. They installed the amp and I connected the wires to the woofer myself. I drove a Jeep grand cherokee at the time, and that subwoofer was duct taped to the back wall. I put on Slick Ricks mona lisa and thought I had the most booming system in the entire hood.

So yeah, you bitches just got owned.

Seventeen, the only way I had a car
Is after I dropped my mama off where she needed to go
Four bald tires, with the ceiling falling and the window stuck
But the only thing that I cared about was the radio
We'd turn it on, turn it up to ten, and everybody would jump on in.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first car was a little older than me. A brown '81 Impala. It had an AM radio that didn't work at all so I duct taped a boom box to the front seat. I had Manowar's 'Kings of Metal' stuck in the tape player for months. Best sound system ever.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh. My first car was a BMW. Dad got it for me since I go something like a 1520 on the SATs or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads