• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr right, you are just gonna fleabay them! 

I ain't got time for dat

books and tweed

Reaction score
Really sexy navy linen Paul Stuart made in italy suit. Awesome shape.

And the overpriced vintage store had the coolest rive gauche double breasted with 3 different coloured stripes: red, bright orange, and light blue on navy. Marked up to 170, so I left it, damn them.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really sexy navy linen Paul Stuart made in italy suit. Awesome shape.

And the overpriced vintage store had the coolest rive gauche double breasted with 3 different coloured stripes: red, bright orange, and light blue on navy. Marked up to 170, so I left it, damn them.
Isaia?

costanaconda

Reaction score
Found yesterday: Patagonia torrentshell.

And I think @Fueco is on to something, because listed this morning and sold this afternoon for a pretty nice profit with no hassle.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few pickups from today's trip to the thrift store:

BB & CD (both for personal use):

BB x 4, Valentino Cravatte:

Harvard Harris Tweed

Drake's Cardigan (a first for me):

Lanvin SC - Windowpane and dual exhaust:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well spoo killed my thunder here, but I think I hit a big one today. @fueco , did I?!?!

Oddest feeling rayon I have ever felt, and I assume is 40s or 50s? She'll buttons and cool waist pockets.

:

Looks like 1970s to me, but I'm not terribly familiar with this brand. It looks cool, but probably isn't super valuable.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well spoo killed my thunder here, but I think I hit a big one today. @fueco , did I?!?!

Oddest feeling rayon I have ever felt, and I assume is 40s or 50s? She'll buttons and cool waist pockets.

:
Does yours have the repro tag made by the same company that makes Sugarcane? Like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-CATALI...-FISHERMAN-ALOHA-HAWAIIAN-SHIRT-/291281462400

edit:
Check out this resource, your shirt does not have "a California Creator" on the label so may be older than 50's

http://thealohashirt.net/brands/?label=catalina

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love vests man, can't help. Can spend my whole life in an OCBD , nice vest and corduroy pants with funky socks and an LWB. G got my PM.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does yours have the repro tag made by the same company that makes Sugarcane? Like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-CATALINA-SPECIAL-REPRO-SUN-SURF-RAYON-TORCH-FISHERMAN-ALOHA-HAWAIIAN-SHIRT-/291281462400

edit:
Check out this resource, your shirt does not have "a California Creator" on the label so may be older than 50's 

http://thealohashirt.net/brands/?label=catalina

I looked specifically for the repro label and there isn't one nor is there a a spot where any tag was cut. From what I found on their women's swim suits, I think the hand painted tag is earlier than the california creator label. It feels so odd. Definitely has that rayon feel but it is kind of thick and has some linen qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads