• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirum

Reaction score
Holy ****. Can't imagine seeing that listing first. My head would explode. Bay or Clist?

ebay

i didn't include half when i priced out/bought because i assumed i'd have to toss half due to damage/dated. weeeelcome surprise indeed.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went. Left at 4pm, got home about 5 minutes ago. 5 hours and lots of aggravation - I'd never driven in true Atlanta rush-hour traffic before - holy crap man - avoided 3 accidents where if I hadn't jammed on the brakes someone would have run into me. You ITP people are insane.

• Marshall's #1 (the one mentioned earlier): no suits, no sport coats, no outerwear. Shirts, sweaters and a couple pairs of trousers, all tagged $129. Picked up a few sweaters.
  • TJ Maxx nearby (the "good" TJX): bupkis.
  • Marshalls #2 (the "other" good Marshall's in ATL): found it - several blazers, several pieces of outerwear...all tagged $500 to $600. THEN! Found two of the fabled $129 BBBF suits! I was like "$500 for a blazer, or $129 for a suit...I'l take two suits, to go, pronto!". Also found a BBGF suit, marked way down, but more expensive than the BBBF's. Crazy.

Since I'm already writing this and too lazy to scroll back the 4 or 5 pages, many many thanks to the original tipster!
cheers.gif

EDIT: appears to be @bourbonbasted that was the tipster - gracias again!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just walked out of one of my fave thrifts with most of my favorite brands: Patagonia (x2, and both USA made), TNF (USA Made!), Mountain Hardwear, REI, SKEET, Burberry, Masons (first one copped - seems nice), Jack Spade. Sadly, I had to pass on Canali and Zegna shirts that were too far gone.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...also stopped by the "good" Goodwill on the way home (how could I not?). Grabbed a NWT Akris 2-piece pant suit. In the special price section, but instakop even at 5x GW's normal pricing.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone shine some light on this brand of zipper? Specifically, I'm wondering if it's the original zipper that might have been on this vest when it was new, or if it might be a replacement someone installed later. Either way, this is my favorite e-thrift so far. I'll happily trade the Class-5 vest I found a couple of weeks ago for this one I scored on Ebay for a really good price.
:slayer: I've always been fond of Trailwise's stuff. I have a green mountain parka from them. Really nice. Berkeley had a bunch of cool outdoor makers during the 60's and 70's. Only a couple really made it big.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It spoke too me...thanks kbadgley...and not only did I buy that one, it lead me to another one and now I have 2 coats coming....****.
Haha awesome, I kept looking at it hoping the L would change to an S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads