• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohaple

Reaction score
Charcoal pinstripe orphan was a good pass.
Ok. Thanks. Put my mind at rest about it. I couldn't help but wonder. But alas, I have very limited style or tailoring knowledge. :) I have been enjoying reading through this thread to encourage me to come back to the thrifts regularly. I haven't picked up anything spectacular yet, but several very workable shirts, a pair of clarks brown slip-ons, and a brown sport coat. Nothing brag worthy, but definitely an upgrade to my closet.

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any significance to the Simon Ackerman label, as opposed to Chester Barrie or d'Avenza (who made the suit, according to the content tag)?

rhyme

Reaction score
Damm @EasyE I was stoked about finding this NWT Ludlow but its nothing compared to your find. Happy for you! Since you are in a good mood you need to PM me a couple of decent thrift stores addy :)

Today's find

Nwt ludlow tweed jacket plus a Borrelli & Etro Shirt

rhyme

Reaction score
5.99?!??!?!? Would atleast be 30 where I'm at. Nice pickup

The donor was nice enough to roll the new tags inside the breast pocket so i think they missed it otherwise it would have been $20-$25

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of two thrift stores I am stopping by today. Only one find worth sharing: a nice Brioni chambray that appears to be NWOT.

Also saw this Southwick blazer. Left it at the store but can anyone tell me if these are gold buttons and if so should I go back and pick it up?

I can't believe no one is talking about this right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is nuts in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Ann demeulemeester ankle boots.
Size 39 1/2..
Can I get more deetz???!!!

Oh, hey guize, I'm just gonna leave these right here.
devil.gif
devil.gif

My size, most def not available.
G.T.F.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nominate this for the cheapies!!!

No Brioni shoes for me today, but I'll show you what Ohio has to offer. Last 3 days worth of stuff.

Accessories

Trafalgar Belt

Shirts

Gant Rugger with some neat details. Fits me.

Armani Collezioni with hidden snap collar

Holland & Sherry that so thick and soft it feels like cashmere.

Sad this doesn't fit me. Wanted to get my James May on. Liberty of London for Target.

J.Lindeberg FC

Jackets

J.Press 3/2 with slim lapels that fits me for $2.50 because it was half off day at SA? Doesn't seem possible.

Paul Smith Lambswool/Cashmere Patch Pocket. Size 2? Everything about this says men's to me...

I always read you name as Camel Toe Joe

Me too! I've been refering to him as such!
That's cause I gotta size up on my denims so I have more give down there =(
rotflmao.gif

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@barrelntrigger , you really need to start spoilering things you reply to...or atleast taking an image or two out.

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what's great? When you're 31, and your mom, who's super-excited about being a grandmother, comes to town. We were just "thrift-gifted" a new outdoor dining set at 50-percent off as a Father's Day/Mother's Day/wife's birthday/early Christmas present.

Seriously, though, outdoor dining gear in Atlanta has hit Jos Bank-style price cuts.

GM-H

Reaction score

Doomsticks

Reaction score
some insane finds lately. Ive been doing quite badly with the thrifting lately, but Ive pulled a few things. Sorry for the horrible pictures, getting the keys to my new place tomorrow so my home is quite a mess.

Stuff is available, but only within Sweden:(

Alexander Mcqueen trenchcoat. found a few pulled threads on the beltloop on the back, got a 65% refund, well thank you!

Im quite new to buying suits/scs..Most I find are way overpriced for me, but found these two Z zegnas cheap.
Z Zegna "city" suitjacket, I recon an orphan but its a sweet blue/white striped linen/silkmix so I couldnt leave it.

Nice Z Zegna black silk/cotton suitjacket, model called "Drop 8" Is this also an orphan?

Any way of knowing age etc? These tags are pure mystery for me.

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone in the Hamilton area that's a 42. There is a beautiful pal zil suit for $20 in waterdown

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some insane finds lately. Ive been doing quite badly with the thrifting lately, but Ive pulled a few things. Sorry for the horrible pictures, getting the keys to my new place tomorrow so my home is quite a mess.

Stuff is available, but only within Sweden:(

Alexander Mcqueen trenchcoat. found a few pulled threads on the beltloop on the back, got a 65% refund, well thank you!

Im quite new to buying suits/scs..Most I find are way overpriced for me, but found these two Z zegnas cheap.
Z Zegna "city" suitjacket, I recon an orphan but its a sweet blue/white striped linen/silkmix so I couldnt leave it.

Nice Z Zegna black silk/cotton suitjacket, model called "Drop 8" Is this also an orphan?

Any way of knowing age etc? These tags are pure mystery for me.
this is the most recent Zegna tag (so good for you!) but I still didn't figure out when they switched production with this particular kind of tag...

Anyone again? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads