• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbor

Reaction score
Do you guys ever go about your day, day dreaming of finding rows and rows of kiton?

Sometimes when I'm maybe 30 feet from the store, I start running and I look stupid (Can't let those other people find my kiton).
i have never seen a brioni up here; nevermind a kiton. The most high end label I've seen is a Corneliani with a couple of moth holes in it.

I think the day I come across a Kiton I will just yell **** yah in the store regardless of people's reaction.

Beck

Reaction score
i have never seen a brioni up here; nevermind a kiton. The most high end label I've seen is a Corneliani with a couple of moth holes in it.

I think the day I come across a Kiton I will just yell **** yah in the store regardless of people's reaction.

once found a kiton shirt, the thing had blood stained on the cuffs/chest. Small holy in the pit. I assume a bar fight casual.

In terms of brioni I occassionally find a shirt or something. Only once found a nwot trench, back when the goodwill was good.
The glory days.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I shipped out a few trades today including one to japan where I overpaid shipping by 20 dollars because I used one of the USPS envelopes instead of an unlabeled one... Of course the guy tells me that AFTER he already threw it in the back. It would have been more like 10-15 bucks saved since I would have needed to buy their supplied right there, but dammit!!! That was an expensive package to get out!

So I decide to go drown my sorrows in thrifting and came up with only one notable item.

Guys is this a thing?

With a ton of black dye it is.

Just kidding... sort of. Don't quite get the appeal (if there is one) of the colourful Attachment stuff, but maybe someone on eBay will. Size 1?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With a ton of black dye it is.

Just kidding... sort of. Don't quite get the appeal (if there is one) of the colourful Attachment stuff, but maybe someone on eBay will. Size 1?

I figured it was worth the gamble...

No idea on size. I can get into it wearing a T-shirt, but it's tight. Guessing it's like a 36ish. What would that make it? There's no sizing label inside :/

If it was my size, it would quickly become a summer staple for me. I would wear the hell out of it!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of like the Tellason crap shoot a few months back if anyone wants to take a gamble: http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/old-school-variety-box

I jumped only because I'm getting a refund this year after holding out on buying nothing for a few months...I'm hoping to get the hoodie/sweater and tee combo...It would suck if I get the 3 tees...If that's the case, I'll just gift those to 38R or trade them for some Tedman tees!
fing02[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner.

Mustard glazed pork loin cooked in a cast iron skillet. Happy happy!!!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@barrelntrigger - Looks nice, but why do you drink Kirin though? It's probably the worst of the mainstream Japanese lagers and certainly not worth looking out for if you aren't in Japan... even Asahi Super Dry is probably 'better', although it's not exactly Clash of the Titans...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/292/807/

If you want a good Japanese commercial lager, then you can't go far wrong with Yebisu, which is far, far better:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/284/800/

edit: also, why are you posting what you had for dinner here anyway?
confused.gif

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I jumped only because I'm getting a refund this year after holding out on buying nothing for a few months...I'm hoping to get the hoodie/sweater and tee combo...It would suck if I get the 3 tees...If that's the case, I'll just gift those to 38R or trade them for some Tedman tees!
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

I'm getting a good refund this year too! I'm going to be a good little boy and save most of it because:
-Living while unemployed was expensive as fak. I'm almost back to how much savings I had pre-that-**** though so yay!
-Applying to medical school is expensive. As Fak.
-I'm actually going to take the advice of some of the people on this thread (looking at you @size 38R et al.) and take the time to think of an ideal/style I want to project and build to that instead of collecting lots of stuff too fast and flailing about after that.

Now to drink more scotch and write essays and update ****.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@barrelntrigger - Looks nice, but why do you drink Kirin though? It's probably the worst of the mainstream Japanese lagers and certainly not worth looking out for if you aren't in Japan... even Asahi Super Dry is probably 'better', although it's not exactly Clash of the Titans...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/292/807/

If you want a good Japanese commercial lager, then you can't go far wrong with Yebisu, which is far, far better:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/284/800/
Well, it's hard enough to find Japanese beer such as Kirin where I live. I have to drive 20 miles just to get some Asian beer. Holy ****! I didn't know Kirin was rated this low! I've had Asahi Super Dry before and it was ok. Of all the Japanese beer I've tried, I like Sapporo (I think their main line) the best. How do you rate, Sapporo (in a silver can with their yellow star)? @FlyingMonkey

I've heard lots of good things from Yebisu, yet to try it. Not sure if I can find them bad boys as an import...Thanks for the sharing though!

I'm getting a good refund this year too! I'm going to be a good little boy and save most of it because:
-Living while unemployed was expensive as fak. I'm almost back to how much savings I had pre-that-**** though so yay!
-Applying to medical school is expensive. As Fak.
-I'm actually going to take the advice of some of the people on this thread (looking at you @size 38R et al.) and take the time to think of an ideal/style I want to project and build to that instead of collecting lots of stuff too fast and flailing about after that.

Now to drink more scotch and write essays and update ****.
Classic men's wear is relatively easy to do. All you have to do is copy the SF crowd. On the top of my head, I think GMMcL does it best. SWnD on the other hand, could be tricky. But just like Bruce Lee once said when he first started training in martial arts, a punch was punch. A kick was a kick. When he became a jouneyman martial artist, a punch was more than a punch. A kick was more than a kick. But once he became a master (not sure if he ever called himself a master but...) a punch became a punch, again. A kick became a kick, again. I hope I'm using his metaphor right...Anyhow, you can't go wrong with a pair of raw jeans, chambray shirt, a leather belt that matches your shoes, and a leather jacket. But if you wanted to go the more premium SWnD route, more work would be needed. I'm barely starting on my journey to become a cool ass motherfucker but currently, I'm interested in work wear.

Anywho, you can't go wrong owning staple CM pieces and some basic work wear stuff.
fing02[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads