• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo Benchmade in England. Can any help ID the maker? Also, any tips on cleaning nubuck?

Suede eraser is a start as Wes said, also a suede brush and I've had great success with the Saphir suede shampoo. Don't know if any other brands produce a shampoo. The Saphir is expensive but it works and a little goes a long way.

rayxlui

Reaction score

I shipped out a few trades today including one to japan where I overpaid shipping by 20 dollars because I used one of the USPS envelopes instead of an unlabeled one... Of course the guy tells me that AFTER he already threw it in the back. It would have been more like 10-15 bucks saved since I would have needed to buy their supplied right there, but dammit!!! That was an expensive package to get out! So I decide to go drown my sorrows in thrifting and came up with only one notable item. Guys is this a thing?
HOLY ****. that's nothing. you should just give it to me.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOLY ****.

that's nothing.

you should just give it to me.

I found this at the same store I found an Our Legacy Jacket in a few months ago. This is bizarre though. It's a 3/4 sleeve jacket. I like... don't even know how to describe it. Size is like a 36-38. I can put it on, but it's small for me. It's lime green. I'll take better pics when I have sunlight.

Available btw.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who ordered up the selvage? Who can ID the ID?

I ******* KNOWS THIS!!!! JEANSHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I win it?

Edit: Holy ****! I was right...Wow, when the **** did I become this good?! HA!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shipped out a few trades today including one to japan where I overpaid shipping by 20 dollars because I used one of the USPS envelopes instead of an unlabeled one... Of course the guy tells me that AFTER he already threw it in the back. It would have been more like 10-15 bucks saved since I would have needed to buy their supplied right there, but dammit!!! That was an expensive package to get out!

So I decide to go drown my sorrows in thrifting and came up with only one notable item.

Guys is this a thing?

Sick but hella ugly...

http://www.attachment-ec.com/

I'm too lazy to find this in their past collections but if you have some free time...

LeSacre

Reaction score
Still, 9(ish) Salvatore Piccolo shirts are a hard pass at what I paid. There is hand stitching EV. RY. WHERE.

Piccolo shirts are amazing. They get way less attention than they deserve;

+1. I picked up a Piccolo flannel shirt off of Yoox for peanuts and the handwork is up there with Borrelli but with a much slimmer cut.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I (and I assume you) meant old Borrelli, too. Hand linked collar. Hand sewn button holes. Hand linked shoulders, arm holes, placket, gusset. It's incredible how much handwork there is.

LeSacre

Reaction score
I (and I assume you) meant old Borrelli, too. Hand linked collar. Hand sewn button holes. Hand linked shoulders, arm holes, placket, gusset. It's incredible how much handwork there is.

nod[1].gif

green_machine

Reaction score
PSA:

Walgreens had some mixed up socks in a big bin. They looked decent and we're 5 for $5 so I grabbed a bunch. I didn't expect much from a $1 sock but they really weren't that bad feeling and had decent patterns.

When I opened them up, I noticed a bunch were polo. They look exactly like the polo socks I have purchased elsewhere so I'm sure they aren't fakes. I guess the factory has left overs and sells whichever brands they manufacture but leaves them unbranded.

They were at my local Walgreens so maybe check yours. Someone posted something like this before but with polo shirts instead. Just wanted to let you guys know.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.