• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude makes everything by hand in New Zealand.

Here's another label that should be added to the grail list. Awesome find! :slayer:

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear customers and citizens of Styleforum,

You may have noticed a lacking amount of presence from Connor and I in this thread. There is a good reason. My partner Carol is 18 weeks pregnant. Much of my time and effort has been placed toward preparing for a happy family and developing long term business plans for nSuited!

Here is an overview of what we have in the works:
  • We’ve started construction on additional warehouse space which doubles our capacity
  • We have over 1000 new items in inventory which we are readying to offer to you
  • We’re planning some great sales starting with coupon code “babyshower” giving 35% off any purchase (I need to raise funds for the baby)!
  • We’re exploring the possibility of crowd-funding import lots with dividends for participants

As many of you may know, Connor and I became acquainted and started work on nSuited because of our involvement in Styleforum’s own Thrifting Thread. Funds for initial buys for nSuited were raised directly from thrifting profits! In addition to expanding nSuited, we are also looking for ways to expand our pre-owned clothing efforts.

We see two gaps in the current market:
  • Funds and infrastructure to bridge hobbyist thrifters to become professional freelancers
  • Location independent buying of high-end men’s clothing

The first problem is one which Connor and I have faced continuously for the past 2 years. As a hobbyist thrifter our revenue was limited by available buying funds, and limited selling capacity. This meant that profitable items were left on shelves of thrift stores. We plan to create a contract-thrifter program in which we provide hobbyist thrifters with buying funds, expert buying advice, and nearly unlimited listing infrastructure provided by our Kansas City warehouse.

Additionally, we plan to initiate an easy to use online buying service. This will allow customers looking to clear out some of their wardrobe to easily receive fair payment for their clothing. You will be able to easily provide us with basic information about your clothing, receive a quote, and receive cash or credit toward nSuited items for your unneeded wardrobe items.

Both of these services are months away from formal completion, but please feel free to contact us if you are interested in participating in either prior to official launch!

We really need to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of our customers and anyone involved in the Styleforum community. This started as a fun hobby for us with business secondary. You’ve allowed this to remain fun and rewarding for us. I hope we can continue to reward all of you with great products!

Cheers from the nSuited Team,

Matt and Connor

Major Congrats on the new family.

I'd definitely be interested in crowdsourced importing! I've seen so many lots on ebay etc for 200 Kiton jackets or whatever that were pretty reasonable if you got 100 backers.

Hoofit

Reaction score
Some of my finds from the last couple of days.
Very nice Pendleton Black watch tartan Size L available

Varvatos Made in Italy Charcoal long sleeve available.

Orvis wool vest Available.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Alright fellas, need some ideas for valentines day. What do you thrifty dudes doing for your special ones?
My wife and I have adopted a ten buck thrift eachother a gift rule. We go together, split up, thrift eachother a gift for ten bucks and have to hide it from eachother at checkout. So much fun. She loves thrifting as much as I do, so its totally a blast. Love me my woman.
(18 inches of snow to dig out)
This is AFTER 2 hours of digging.
The only answer to this question:
Make me a res, bro!
(Fogo de Chao)
Oh my GOD I love Brazilian...everything. But that bread is the ******* bomb.
I've only felt an earthquake once and that was in Uganda. That was wild.
What were you doing in Uganda?
--- So I thrifted in my closet today. @IanErickson you want to give up that Levis jacket now?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just leave a few pics here... Listing has begun.
These are just the things I'm NOT keeping. I'll post pics of my personal stash later...

x3, Ultralight Down Shirt (Medium Slim)

Micro Puff Jacket (L, XL, XXL)

Women's R3 HiLoft (x3, Large)

Women's R2 Jacket (x3, XS)

Supercell Jacket (M, XL)

Light Flyer Jacket (Slim Medium, Slim Large)

Snap T, XL

Synchilla Marsupial, Small

Snap T XL

Women's Alpine Guide (Small)

runyourchain

Reaction score
46n2 that is a hell of a grab. Good price? I hope.

Ugandan Giant reference! Back when fake wrestling was fun.

Cool grabs hoofit

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm looking into getting a male dress form. what's the best place to pick one up at?

Beck

Reaction score
Very smil pickings today. found some stuff today guys, all available

brooks brothers golden fleece(BB logo) Tie

from jun 2010

Native Hardrop XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads