• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
So I had a mostly brag worthy few trips, pictures later, I usually take with my phone but it died as in sent in for repair dead. Anyway, here is what I have recently acquired:

Southwick charcoal chalk stripe flannel suit,

Hickey Freeman Black with red and white pin stripes,

an older glen plaid Polo Ralph lauren Blue label jacket that is fully lined and fits perfectly,

Polo by Ralph Lauren Blue Label Gray flannel trousers made in Italy,

2 Alpaca sweaters 1 blue Lemmermyer Maus and Hoffman and 1 white Alpaca Connection that is extremely thick,

Finally the two pieces that make this worthy of a brag, sort of,

Ermenegildo Zegna for Neiman Marcus One Button Peak lapel tuxedo (couldn't locate the pants but there was literally a 7' stack of unsorted clothes in the back that I was not allowed to sort through - took risk for $9)

Brand new with tags ($1495 retail) Navy Chalk stripe Hickey Freeman Addison in size 40R - Dual vent with flat front pants - Not thrifted but the discount was AMAZING!

On another note my normal Marshall's still has Brunello Cucinelli, Zegna, and a few Barbera jackets. They have been discounted twice now but the prices are still $350 - $499. Not quite low enough to make them worth it...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

borbor

Reaction score
passed on some stuff today. 2x EZ blazers (both were priced too high), one BLACK blazer that's a Cdn brand with Dormeuil cloth, one PRL lambswool sweater and two more blazers that were a cdn brand using Zegna fabric.

the thrift gods threw me a bone I guess. last store i went to, scored a mint brioni tie.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rZsYfKr.jpg

Just wanted to check that women's Christian Dior is not a huge pile of crap like Dior Monsieur.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Surface to Air boots worthy of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads