• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Pick up. Great way to get to know other members and establish a trading record. Someone may find something you want and will trade you for it.:)
Found an amazing Yohji piece -> A/w '05 apparently pretty rare, straight ******* ninja status
:slayer::slayer:
Mens Pendleton tweed: never been an issue to unload. never had any problems unloading Penleton, especially minty wool shirts...
My experience with Pendleton is very inconsistent. Sold a late 70's shirt (stone mint in green/brown plaid) for $50. Sold an identical shirt in brown/blue plaid for $15. Couldn't give away an early 60's Board Shirt in mint condition. Ended up redonating. I just buy them for myself now unless they're super cheap and vintage. Never bothered with the jackets.

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty damn slow for me / I haven't had much time for thrifting. I've only picked up two suits in the last week or so.
AC 38

BL 44 (this is my first successfully reunited suit)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if any of you get pissed because this is spam you can fight me.

---

(sorry for the cut/paste from tumblr)
A VERY SPECIAL SET OF AUCTIONS AWAY

Tonights auctions are a little different. Just launched are 174 auctions, all at $9.99 with no reserve. These auctions end on December 15th. What I am doing is donating 10% of the hammer price for all the auctions that end that day to the Ronald McDonald House charities. This donation is in part of the StyleForum initiative where they are running auctions to raise funds for the same cause. Last year, we raised almost $12,000 for the RMHC charities and I hope that we exceed it this year.

You can read more about what RMHC does here, and make your own contributions as well through their site.

We spend all year purchasing these beautiful and luxury items for ourselves, the least we can do is take the cost of one pocket square, a pair of shoes, or a new tie and help support a family that needs it this season.

So, while there is no top ten tonight as they are all winners, here are 9 suggested items that you should put a bid towards as they are awesome and will put a smile on a kids face.

1. Alden unlined suede shoes

2. RLPL handkerchief

3. Mark McNairy contrast saddles

4. Orange Hermes tie

5. Loro Piana cashmere blend sweater

6. NWT Drakes shantung tie

7. Ralph Lauren tartan suspenders

8. Barbour waxed cotton jacket

9. NWT Aran knit sweater

Please, tell your friends, place a bid for yourself or for a gift for someone you know, or donate directly and help a sick kid this season.

Speaking of which, in addition to this charity donation I am making, there is another one I am doing too. Another StyleForum member and fellow thrifter recently had a daughter, Emily. Emily was born with a heart condition and is currently on a waiting list for a heart transplant. He turns to the camaraderie of the boards on StyleForum for a small escape of being in the hospital all day.

What I am doing is matching 20% of this other ebay sellers sales from 12/1 - 12/25 and donating it to the hospital that Emily is staying in. A fellow forumite, CapnWes is matching my 20% donation as well.

NOW GO BID!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And there's nothing out there about Rocco Beverly Hills except one very, very small SF thread where Spoo lays the smack down on some poor soul.

omg what thread?!

Anyone interested in a Poker game for charity? I could probably find a few prizes for the winner. Thinking a time most people can make, through an online medium, with a buy-in that goes to a charity. We do this at work with the prize being a paid day off for the winner. It's a great idea which has always been a fun time and would be cool to do something like that here as well.

HMMMLETMETHINK

...they're toys. :confused:

Please tell me you kopped.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deets on today's new finds (sorry for the crappy cell pic): Clockwise from top: RM Williams shearling Chelsea's, dark brown, 12D, available. Baby blue full zip and green v neck sweaters, made in Italy, no identifying tags, 100% cashmere, keeping as I overpaid at almost 2 Jacksons PRL USA double breasted dual vent navy blazer, 44L, available Isaia trou x 2, flat front, keeping I think Vineyard Vines patch Madras, 3x patch pocket, fits like a dream so keep your filthy hands off (plus I overpaid again at almost 3 Jacksons) Zegna silk/cashmere ivory windowpane sc, dual vent, 44L and available

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Pick up. Great way to get to know other members and establish a trading record. Someone may find something you want and will trade you for it.:)

In my case, I found that after a while, I forget about the items until I'm moving junk around and happen to stumble across them. :embar:

...Please tell me you kopped.

See? This is why I'm such a lousy proxy thread buddy. :facepalm:

I'm back over that way, tomorrow morning. I'll swing in and pick up the Sir Pendleton worsted wool shirt as well. Maybe I should go back to the other Goodwill near work and grab the crisp, blue striped size 41 Canali shirt with the thick honkin' MOP buttons that was a skosh big on me as well.

Last edited:

SCoNE

Reaction score
So here's my first contribution and, while I admit I haven't read the full 5k pages, I've done about 1k and feel more enlightened already. Looking forward to more!

The first item that really opened my eyes to this all is one I got several weeks back. I recognized it was a gorgeous item with gorgeous quality and bought it on the spot. Imagine my surprise when I got home and googled Brioni. I've never seen a jacket I like more.

Brioni Piuma - Sz 42R. Hoping there is enough in the arms to let down so NA until I'm told that's not happening.

^^^
Not a bad first post at ALL. A couple things in there that are OK for personal use but no big shakes, but to have Brioni be your first keeper, and you didn't even know what it is? Plus, that Henry Poole tie? Do you have any idea how rare that is?

Very nice work your first time around.

As for the Oxxfords, those patterns look great, but look at the angle of the gorge -- the notch in the lapel. See how it faces down? Compare that to the more recent custom Oxxford, where the gorge stance and angle are more current. That's the "tell" for Oxxford. Shame, because they're sartorial works of art, but no one will wear them.

Also, I suspect -- based solely on the solid gray color -- that the other custom one is actually an orphan.

I imagine it won't surprise you that no, I have no idea how rare the Poole tie is! Thanks! Any thoughts on the Hermes one? The same-color as the background info-box on the small end (which as best I can tell should be red or green as the anchors?) and the sewn ends make me think not. How about the Hickey Freeman?

Thanks for the Oxxford pointers. I'm a bit surprised that the solid gray-color one is likely an orphan. Based on the material could this change? It's almost a linen in texture and weight.

Sweet rookie haul!!!!
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks guys!

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Others here can speak with more authority, but Samuelsohn is pretty good stuff, especially if it's in great shape. Could the purple stain just be from a leaky pen? If it fits, I'd pick it up. (My first navy blazer was an orphaned Sammy suit coat.)

Samuelsohn is definitely underrated. I almost picked up two Sammy suits last week, both Holland and Sherry fabric, great condition, both dove grey, one pinstripe and the other windowpane. Only reason I passed was because they were MTM and not even close to my size. I would have picked them up but didn't want to deal with more clutter around the house.

Side note: received a sweet Ben Silver tie from concealed yesterday and looking forward to the EZ suit on the way from Randomore. Thanks guys!

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Based on the tag, do you guys think this is a 42 short?

Sleeves are 24 inches from the shoulder and the BOC length is 29 if that helps.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always pick up Pendletons... Especially board shirts in my size (vintage large, modern Medium). I don't waste my time on other styles unless they're mint.

freshnewbeats

Reaction score

Anyone interested in a Poker game for charity? I could probably find a few prizes for the winner. Thinking a time most people can make, through an online medium, with a buy-in that goes to a charity. We do this at work with the prize being a paid day off for the winner. It's a great idea which has always been a fun time and would be cool to do something like that here as well.

You bet!

freshnewbeats

Reaction score

deets on today's new finds (sorry for the crappy cell pic):
Clockwise from top: RM Williams shearling Chelsea's, dark brown, 12D, available.
Baby blue full zip and green v neck sweaters, made in Italy, no identifying tags, 100% cashmere, keeping as I overpaid at almost 2 Jacksons
PRL USA double breasted dual vent navy blazer, 44L, available
Isaia trou x 2, flat front, keeping I think
Vineyard Vines patch Madras, 3x patch pocket, fits like a dream so keep your filthy hands off (plus I overpaid again at almost 3 Jacksons)
Zegna silk/cashmere ivory windowpane sc, dual vent, 44L and available

I'm a sucker for that madras, among other things... Nice haul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics