• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

div25sec9

Reaction score

Regarding this :
There is this.

div25sec9 :

As a father myself, I can only imagine how hard it is to see your little one in a situation like that, especially at this time of year.

As a thrifter, it makes me happy that you turn to this thread and the community here as a mental break from the day to day rigors of whats going on in the hospital, and being on the wait list for a heart transplant.

What I would like to do is match 20% of any of AndroFan's ebay sales from 12/1 - 12/25 and put a personal contribution towards any costs you may have towards Emily's hospital stay, or towards a charity of your choice.

Expect a PM shortly after Christmas my friend, and happy holidays to you.

Back to work now.

Regarding this....

Imamatchit

This community is amazing, and the generosity is outstanding.

We're doing ok financially at this point, thanks to public health care and the generosity of friends, family, and my SF buddies; so I've asked Spoo to donate to the hospital Emily is at directly to help them continue the awesome work that they are doing.

http://www.stollerykids.com/

Thanks again to all of you

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E-thrifts that I am patiently awaiting. I know nothing about this blazer, but I took a relatively small chance on it, assuming the maker was pretty good (those look to be St. Andrews logo buttons, yes?).

Looks the same as the script on a collar tag inside a St. Andrews shirt I have, yes....

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Poker game for charity? I could probably find a few prizes for the winner. Thinking a time most people can make, through an online medium, with a buy-in that goes to a charity. We do this at work with the prize being a paid day off for the winner. It's a great idea which has always been a fun time and would be cool to do something like that here as well.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Here's a couple of brags that I picked up yesterday...

^^^ Vintage 1930s Lord & Taylor Smoking Jacket with Satin Shawl Collar and Red Tartan CORDUROY. In my size!
icon_aportnoy.gif

^^^ P.C.(?) Class of 1930.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone interested in a Poker game for charity? I could probably find a few prizes for the winner. Thinking a time most people can make, through an online medium, with a buy-in that goes to a charity. We do this at work with the prize being a paid day off for the winner. It's a great idea which has always been a fun time and would be cool to do something like that here as well.

potentially in.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a cat that likes going outside on a leash. He also likes car rides.

Bonus (old) thrift fit
Sweater - Zegna (thrifted)
Shirt - Varvatos (thrifted)
Cat - Humane Society

DUDE!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooooooo jelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cat is being a little ***** ATM! I feel like hissing at her.
It was marked the same price as a Brioni **** and a Marmot down jacket (both also in the clearance rack).

Were they covered in gold?
satisfied.gif

Big shout outs to barrelntrigger for a trade with these killer NWT West is Dead chambray chinos. He even threw in a pair of Uniqlo MIJ selvedge jeans for free!

Thanks bro! I forget who it was but sorry dude, I couldn't wait for you to get down to a size 33 so I traded these...I hope you won't mind...
smile.gif

Brag: I stuff 2 pairs of pants in an USPS flat rate envelope and the post office accepted them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
That thing was like 5 pounds!!

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry man, that piece dates from the 80's or early 90's. Too career-woman-ish looking to be from the 50's/60's. Plus, most pieces I've seen with that Woolmark logo seem to be from the late 70's and newer but as Fueco stated, it came into being in 1964.

Ah thanks , haven't seen to many ladies in tweed! Maybe I can help up the count!

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Very cool. P.C. = Princeton College?

I don't think that's the P.C. The men in the picture all have a small lapel pin (fraternity?) and there is a bronze boar's head in the center of the picture. Any ideas?

PS - I sent some stuff for repair at the reweavers you did one of your blog posts on way back when. I want to see how their work compares to the Boston-based lady that I usually go to for repairs.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah thanks , haven't seen to many ladies in tweed! Maybe I can help up the count!

I see a fair amount of Pendleton blazers for women, usually in large sizes (14 or better) because they are usually put on the men's racks. I've bought one that was NWT and did OK on the flip, but nothing spectacular and not enough to try again--men's Pendleton tweed jackets are tough enough to unload.

TDP

Reaction score
Ah, did you get that in Cambridge, MA? Here, P.C. usually means the Porcellian, a student's club whose emblem is the pig. A relief of a boar's head identical to the one in the photograph is on the door of the Porc's clubhouse in Harvard square.

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Ah, did you get that in Cambridge, MA? Here, P.C. usually means the Porcellian, a student's club whose emblem is the pig. A relief of a boar's head identical to the one in the photograph is on the door of the Porc's clubhouse in Harvard square.

^^^ Aaaaaand we have a winner!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics