• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BIG thanks to troika for being an awesome member and hooking me up with a bunch of quality shirts and some ties! Just a real good guy .

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
28107419.jpg

Butter Soft Lambskin with Arctic White Hornback Gator Yoke and Pockets

Caramel Lambskin with Ostrich Accents

Wow!. can I get one of each in a 42R?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You've got an iron on your bucket list?!?
I'm kidding! :D

I just saw them being promoted at Costco - with a steamer attachment/apparatus. It was very nice but very expensive!

Good job!

I have a thrift store bucket list :)

Recently I found a Marinella tie. Others were a Charvet shirt, etc. I would like to find a really nice attache, that eludes me. A Rowenta was definitely on that, just tested it thoroughly and ran a bit of white vinegar thru it. Works great.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Only three entries out of 20+ contestants have been posted so far. Let's see em fellas.

I really wanted to join in on the one day I was out since I've been back...but I forgot to print the list and a tag. :embar: Following along and like to see all of the entries!

Wes: PM incoming!

Gift exchange news: I'm really sorry I haven't sent you guys the names yet, I've been incredibly busy with work and just wrapped that up for the evening at 12:05am on a Sunday. I'll get them sent at the beginning of the week!

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB Country Club

Brooks Brothers (not marked Peal & Co., just Brooks Brothers)

RG

Peal & Co. (these, maybe?) Size 13D

J. Crew, obviously

Nettleton NOS

PS Paul Smith

These next three are available to regulars for trade or proxy or whatever

Pal Zileri silk/wool, 42L

Calvin Klein Collection Linen, 15.5/34

Holland & Sherry, 17.5/37

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Black brown is worth a pickup? Is cause it's cashmere?

I find cashmere for under 5 bucks 99.9% of the time. I rarely pass a 100% cashmere anything for less than a Big Mac.

I have two of a similar/identical vintage. One brown and black herringbone and the other a gorgeous houndstooth. Undarted, partially lined, 2 button cuff, natural shoulder, 3/2 roll. Solid gold.

Spoo, what size?

This is the quintessential fall jacket. About a 42.

Spoo thrifts and flips where no mere man dares tread.

LOL Im not afraid to try new things, thats for sure.

Norsk Husflid, nothing too wonderful...$20-$30 sweater for us mere mortals, probably $100 for you

Great news, thank you!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had time to do much thrifting lately but here a a couple recent finds.

Billy Reid spread collar gingham

Suede ferragamo jacket

And the rest is my size
PRL cashmere cardigan with MoP

Hertling for Haberdash flannels, kinda cropped so should be good with boots this winter

Jcrew kinda rip off of Nigel cabourn

Speaking of cabourn... Ethrift ~$25

RRL Henley

Jean Shop

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the verdict on Caporicci shoes? Mostly what I see on Ebay are exotics, these are just plain leather but seem to be well made

Sideways reversible Orvis vest

I thought this was probably a good pickup for Halloween time, I had no clue that Coogi sweaters were hundred dollar bills all day

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I see Cthulhu in the design of that sweater. Maybe it would be good to wear to meetings, to drive the other attendees mad.

Last edited:

calcoast

Reaction score
Great finds these last few pages. Gonna check out some new places this week hopefully I'll find something good.

futuremyth

Reaction score
I thought this was probably a good pickup for Halloween time, I had no clue that Coogi sweaters were hundred dollar bills all day

My wife gave me the stink eye when I brought a hideous cardigan home, she was OK with it when it sold for 20x what I paid.
Edited to add: put Biggie and Cosby in your ebay subject line (though the Cos actually never wore Coogi on the Cosby Show; if you ever want to read too much about Cosby Sweaters, this link can help you with that).

What were you planning to go for Halloween as? Biggie?

Last edited:

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife gave me the stink eye when I brought a hideous cardigan home, she was OK with it when it sold for 20x what I paid.

What were you planning to go for Halloween as? Biggie?

Well...I did pick beauties up this week as well, could pull the whole look

marc roberto

Reaction score
Carolina Herrerra mens shirt. Is this definite if the buttons are on the right side of the shirt?

Zegna knit sweater. with buttons on the cuffs. Is there a special name for these?

Zegna dark brown dress shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads