• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quick Gift Exchange update...

We have 41 members participating! Cut off for sign-ups is on October 1st! If you'd like to join in, please get in touch with me. I know a few guys were trying to get their post count high enough to participate, but I haven't received a PM from you with the relevant information. For instructions, please see my announcement post (or, if you're feeling a bit lazy, just PM me).

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sthenosal, no need to spoil any of your post, 10000000000% goodness right there. So much ******* win on the last few pages, I'm not even going to comment, good job fellas!!! So my search for the trousers to that Zenga jacket I posted awhile ago seems to be hopeless, I did find a couple other things whilst stalking that store however...... Vintage doctor's bag for my wife.
Of course now that summers over I find the perfect woven straw Panama hat in my size.
Cashmere shawl, also for my wife
Cashmere and wool reversible Sulka car coat.
And I need help with this one guys. This was found right next to the Sulka, also a reversible car coat, also made in Italy and in the same size. Most likely form the same person and I didn't want to leave it there because the quality is up to par. There are no other tags other than the one shown. Any Ideas?
Also e thrifted these monk strap johdpur Lobbs. My first pair.:slayer: :slayer: Of course paid for with thrift bux, minus the legwork, came out to around $9
Lobbs and Greens in one day. WTF is going on? Someone go find some G&Gs.
Don't forget the Leica AND Vicuna. What a helluva week! Also, Just a friendly reminder to use spoilers, please, esp when quoting. Edit: A few recent finds: I don't always pick up Bert Pulitzer, but when I do it's true Madras in awesome colors.
New & Lingwood
Found these
Inside of these (Bally; my size and keeping)
Church's CG. Trees were extra, but not much
Also found a pair of blackwatch flat front vintage trou. Havent measured, but they will be available.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barrel, when did you walk into a thrift full of flat head????
tongue.gif

can i go too?
lol8[1].gif

anyway, i have been absent for a few weeks and felt it was time to check in. with another automatic Seiko.

ha! sideways. sorry. it's a Seiko 5 "Actus" ss. 23 jewels. not sure of the year. looks nice though.
plus another odd waistcoat. and 2 snowboards for the wife and myself to enjoy this winter.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and some "Pop Culture" for our generation. and a personal grail of mine.

ULTRA MAGNUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! came with the box too. hey, this is a "Mantique" . and i am very happy with my thrift grail.
bigstar[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wes for the awesome Dale Of Norway sweater! Thrift fit will come once the weather cools down enough!

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a page of posts. Can't decide if I should go out expecting thrift synergy or just screw it knowing that I'd be disappointed in whatever made in Indonesia PRL crap I found!

Awesome finds guys, just awesome!

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, and some "Pop Culture" for our generation. and a personal grail of mine. ULTRA MAGNUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! came with the box too. hey, this is a "Mantique" . and i am very happy with my thrift grail.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif
I will be adding Mantique as a category in my ebay store. :) Also, awesome find. I had an Ultramagnus from a later series, not nearly as cool your find.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I will be adding Mantique as a category in my ebay store. :)

Also, awesome find. I had an Ultramagnus from a later series, not nearly as cool your find.

Mantique! Love it...

The roots of my thrifting obsession can be traced back about 25 years to when my mom donated my collection of ESB and ROTJ figures and vehicles.

Someone scored big off that.

stevenkmason

Reaction score

I've got a question for you guys. I picked up 5 suits today. 3 burberry, 1 HF, recent, perfect, size 42 xl (I didn't know there was such a thing as xl). The one I have a question about is this M2M HSM that I decided to pick up. its label says gold, not gold trumpeter or anything like that. The Pocket tag for the client is dated 10-12-2006. Is this just a level they assign to their M2M lines?
If only those were 44 or 46 XL! XL does exist and is very needed. Any chance those 42's are cut verrrry full?

quotientspace

Reaction score
Holy **** things blew up over the weekend. Saw Vicuna and then Leica...

I did find some suits, but with later realized the jackets are unvented, almost a bit silly looking, and the grey has two small holes on the inside. I'll probably post some stuff to the trade thread later.

AMProf

Reaction score
A few minor finds.

PRL 39R vintage

J Press sack jacket, about a 46R

Big guy alert: Hickey Freeman blazer in 52L

All heading to the 'bay

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up a berluti leather jacket and new lobb x paul smith with trees oh and a tom ford coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads