• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a bad day today by my standards. Some downsides, sadly.

Bunch of pocket squares/hankies.
Top-to-bottom: Roberta di Camerino, Balmain, Dunhill, Dunhill, illegible brand, Calvin Klein, Nicole and an unbranded silk.There was also a couple of Ungaros that were exceedingly girly so I've already given them to some perfumistas I know.

Cartier Must de Cartier EDT, in its own leather pouch. Probably about 5-10 ml of juice left.

Burberry's DB jacket, gold buttons. looks near mint. Size not marked (does this indicate MTM?). My measurements suggest it's something like a 40R drop 6.

Brooks Brothers cotton trousers, my size. Is this the BBGF label?

Paul Smith shirt with contrast detail inside the cuff. Size 17.5/44.

Four Turnbull and Asser shirts FC. Size not marked, but they measure to around a 15.5/40 on my tape. The moron at the shop put the price tag through the collar points, causing a pinhole in each one. Can this be fixed with a wash/iron. steam etc?

codhead

Reaction score

Not a bad day today by my standards. Some downsides, sadly.

Burberry's DB jacket, gold buttons. looks near mint. Size not marked (does this indicate MTM?). My measurements suggest it's something like a 40R drop 6.

Why mention the drop? It's the difference between chest and waist measurements

Four Turnbull and Asser shirts FC. Size not marked, but they measure to around a 15.5/40 on my tape. The moron at the shop put the price tag through the collar points, causing a pinhole in each one. Can this be fixed with a wash/iron. steam etc?

Grrrrrrrrr this always gets me mad.

If there's no loose maker's label to tag through, why don't they tag through the inner placket, below the 3rd button? That way any hole would never be generally visible

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Always a bummer. I find small pinholes often come out if you get the items dry cleaned. Good luck (and nice finds, especially the squares).

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why mention the drop? It's the difference between chest and waist measurements

You answered your own question. It tells you how the jacket's waist fits in relation to the jacket's chest.

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score
A couple stops today and only one find but a pretty good one...

Ferragamo Suede Diego Loafers, 10.5 (my size, we'll see if I can pull these off. never had great luck with loafers yet)

Evil Abed

Reaction score
He died for our sins?

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Whut up fellas,
Im the field now...
2 Kiton Cashmere-blend Corduroys
One of them with the seam on the ass crack coming undone and both of them have sweat/piss stains. Oh yeah, size 36/38 (us)...
Pass Or take home for repairs?

Also, about 4 Brioni orphans, im looking forthe pants now. All in great shape...pass or take home?

Thanks in advance!

codhead

Reaction score

You answered your own question. It tells you how the jacket's waist fits in relation to the jacket's chest.

It was always my belief that it referred to RTW suits: so a 40" chest, drop 6 would have trousers with a 34" waist

How many coats or blazers (as opposed to orphan suit jackets), from the same manufacturer, in similar style, have you found with a different drop?

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He died for our sins?
That's exactly what my wife thought as she walked by the screen. "Why is Jesus on that surf board?" Two stops today. Picked up a BR Modern cut suit for ebay. Found this nice cotton knot tie from a Canadian manufacturer, Throat Threads. I trying to strike a blow against ill-fitting cargo pants and t-shirts. This was yesterday's business causal look. Southwick linen SC, courtesy of GMMcL, from a sale that morphed into a trade. BB shirt No-name, Made in England PS CT navy blue chinos My sturdy Dack's camel shoes, on account that it was supposed to rain

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I was about half an hour from visiting this store when I got a call from my brother. "Dude, the Salvation Army just collapsed"..."What???", "Your ok?"

They had a dozen what seemed like new Cafe Coton shirts and a BB Golden Fleece suit I was waiting to pick up. The Coton shirts for an unemployed Navy buddy who is building his wardrobe and the BBGF to flip.

The rest of the day was anxious texts and phone calls from nearly all of my ex-girlfriends (now I know who cares), friends and family.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Philadelphia_building_collapse_victims_What_we_know.html

Borbor was the guy in the basement which housed the Men's section, I'm guessing that is where he died.

This was the best performing store for me in Philly. Brunello, Kiton, Borrelli, Turnbull et al, a good stream of Aldens and a steady supply of BB slim fit shirts for 2.99 on Wednesdays which could be cleaned and flipped on the 'bay for a very handsome profit. Being in the city is far richer in donations than the Main Line - old money knows how to keep it and those stores are full of Lands End worn past that last inch of their life.

They didn't have room for for carts, no kicking allowed. The building looked like it would fall down long before it did - stock room looked like a war-zone and they had to keep merchandise off the shared wall because when it rained all the water leaked down. I didn't know Borbor that well but I knew all the others there very well for a few years. And they are pretty f-ed up. And, now I'm pretty much unemployed as that store paid for my health insurance through grad school on about 9 hours of work a week. This is just jacked.

I went to a different Sally's and spent a good hour just hugging and talking with my friends who I had met and worked in that store. One just recently left. Ronnie, who just had a baby with his GF walked away with only a concussion. The other employee who died had her fiance at the Roxbourgh store. I'm guessing they met in the Rehad facility.

Thrifting is dangerous.
Glad to hear you are ok. ^^You're right. The mainline sucks.

green_machine

Reaction score

Whut up fellas,
Im the field now...
2 Kiton Cashmere-blend Corduroys
One of them with the seam on the ass crack coming undone and both of them have sweat/piss stains. Oh yeah, size 36/38 (us)...
Pass Or take home for repairs?

Also, about 4 Brioni orphans, im looking forthe pants now. All in great shape...pass or take home?

Thanks in advance!

grab all of it. Ill take the kitons if you want to proxy them to me + some gas $

I'm fine with doing repairs. If I have to Ill take out the lining on the pants

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads