• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Anyone know what brand this is? Found a shirt I liked with this logo. No other tags.
Adam Kimmel. Ridiculous find, might be a thrift thread first. If you change your mind about it send it my way

Edited for Lookngr8
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

NormP

Reaction score

Yeah, that happened to me to in Cin... Hey! You're in Cincy too???

I went up to Cincy today and hit a Goodwill "boutique" next to a steak n shake. Montgomery Road I think? Apparently boutique means "anything that still has tags on it" including JC Penney brands...

I did find a Zegna tie for $4.99 though. The original tag said $145.

Last edited:

mistermidwester

Reaction score
First up, a question. Is this Hickey Freeman for Burberry?
If so, I have a sick Burberry (London) glen plaid suit in 44R (measurements spoilered). Get at me if interested.
Jacket measurements:
  • Chest (pit to pit in front): 23"
  • Sleeves (shoulder seam to arm opening on the outside): 24" (1" to let)
  • Shoulders (shoulder seam to shoulder seam in back): 19.75"
  • Length (base of collar to bottom of jacket hem): 32"
Pants measurements:
  • Waist: 43"
  • Inseam: 27" (with cuffs and 1" to let)

LooknGr8

Reaction score
sick.

Ask DM7 what sick means.

Am I a bad person for saying this? Or just an old person...

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We need a Cincy SF thrift meetup.....first pitcher/round on me.

Count me in for Christmas when I come home to visit the family! :happy:

Shiny

Reaction score

I went up to Cincy today and hit a Goodwill "boutique" next to a steak n shake. Montgomery Road I think? Apparently boutique means "anything that still has tags on it" including JC Penney brands...

There's a thrift here that marks down anything with tags to 50% off suggested retail. Including crappy ass Michael Kors:

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Banana Republic I'm looking for! Can't find it in any of the catalogues. Sorry for the iPhone pics. It's time to buy a new camera.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That store generally sucks - although I did pick up three sweet silk knit ties (Bb, Talbott, unlabeled) and some made in Italy J Crew suede bucs there last summer.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know two of these three a goog. What about Balmain Paris? Brioni shirt, Euskatel Euskadi team jersey by Etxe-Ondo (my size!), Balmain Paris dress shirt.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the Balmain you are looking for. Better pictures? From this one it looks like its a pretty plain check shirt, curious to see if its something interesting. Also, feel free to send it to me for verification purposes... :smarmy:
Anyone know this one? Made in Switzerland
Probably Zegna right? (or atleast whoever made Zegna's made in Switzerland stuff)

Last edited:

LeSacre

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin

The Banana Republic I'm looking for! Can't find it in any of the catalogues. Sorry for the iPhone pics. It's time to buy a new camera.

I passed on a shirt with that BR tag due to it being kinda fugly and not my size... bad call? BTW uploading 95 pics takes forever...
peepwall[1].gif
Don't worry, spoilers will be utilized.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago bros - I may have talked the wife into a short vacation up there for late May - if there were only 1 or 2 thrift shops you had a chance to hit, which would they be?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am in a capitalist conundrum. I found a bunch of Zegna Sport Coats and Suits over the weekend, looking for a decent payoff. Finally got around to getting them out of the bag tonight.....they all ******* fit me.....short arms and all. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads