• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
My recent finds:

RRL white L/S shirt, tagged M but fits like a small.

APC Original standard selvege, tagged 33W and 32 or 33 inseam. Leaning towards keeping these.

NWT BB Makers tie.

NWT Banana Republic suit for the bay

Lucky Brand jeans for me :embar: .

Kroon navy linen SC. 44R. I've seen this brand in Nordstrom. Not sure of quality. Unstructured, body hugging, distressed, working sleeve buttons, really nice. Could use pressing/dry cleaning.

Unbranded silk PSs

Props to JKidd and GMMCL for a couple of kickass trades recently.

Thread has lost some steam. Someone needs to come and blow up this thread with some cool ass shizzah. :puzzled:

amadar

Reaction score
Thoughts? Any idea on the maker? Looks recent and well made (fully canvassed, handwork, etc.). Made in Italy. Likely an orphan, but a passable color for a SC so I figured what the hell.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early 80s Sierra Designs down jacket with GoreTex shell (missing hood -large mens). Levis Type 1 jacket (large), Olympus OM1 w/ 50 1.8 lens, bike jersey from event I've done (and my size!).

What I'm wearing... 1960 vintage Pendleton Board Shirt, APC Rescue denim.

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Early 80s Sierra Designs down jacket with GoreTex shell (missing hood -large mens). Levis Type 1 jacket (large), Olympus OM1 w/ 50 1.8 lens, bike jersey from event I've done (and my size!).

OM1 is my favorite SLR ever.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
My recent finds:

RRL white L/S shirt, tagged M but fits like a small.

APC Original standard selvege, tagged 33W and 32 or 33 inseam. Leaning towards keeping these.

NWT BB Makers tie.

NWT Banana Republic suit for the bay

Lucky Brand jeans for me
shog[1].gif

Kroon navy linen SC. 44R. I've seen this brand in Nordstrom. Not sure of quality. Unstructured, body hugging, distressed, working sleeve buttons, really nice. Could use pressing/dry cleaning.

Unbranded silk PSs

Props to JKidd and GMMCL for a couple of kickass trades recently.

Thread has lost some steam. Someone needs to come and blow up this thread with some cool ass shizzah.
puzzled.gif

I oblige. Remember when I found this jacket for $5? Yeah... that's right... (Ignore beyond amateur photos, I am a rushed student who uses his phone
satisfied.gif
)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181092463579

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Om1 is definitely a sweet little SLR (literally). What'd ya snag it for? I wanted one just to have/shoot occasionally and ended up finding a minty one in black with the same lens on another forum. Dude had been connecting it to his telescope and ended up selling the scope. Got the it for the price of shipping- $10.

These days the last thing I'll buy at a thrift is an old camera. Unless they have a clue/don't have a clue, the prices are usually so far beyond stupid it's not even worth it. Ex- Some neat little folding camera that was stuck open and had a bellows full of holes- $40. "It'd make a good prop for a movie" they said. Die.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Evil Abed

Reaction score

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thread has lost some steam. Someone needs to come and blow up this thread with some cool ass shizzah. :puzzled:

Uh, I posted John Lobbs that I thrifted for $7.20 Saturday. I'd say that qualifies.

Also, anyone recognize this tag? Nothing else to identify it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OM1 appears to be in perfect condition. It even had a used roll of film in it (can't wait to process that one!). I'm going to get some film and try it out. $25, but for the condition, I'd say it was worth it.

My first SLR system was an OM-2000. The OM1 was the camera I wanted back then...

JL3212

Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had a ****** day at work, stopped by savers on the way to the beer store to drop off some donations, took a five minute stroll and this find cheered me up!

my size, but i dont wear french cuffs

sorry for horrible pics, mint though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads