• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus2112

Reaction score
I must have been sick the day you guys set up this secret santa thing! Such generosity! Too bad I don't thrift enough to find worthwhile pickups and get in on the action! Enjoy guys! From the sheer volume of posts in this thread, you all deserve some holiday scores!

-J

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of people asked about pebble grain shell. It exists, I have no way of recognizing them unless it is marked. here is an example posted few years back on AAAC. Alden:

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Huge props to Randy for hooking me up with my Secret Santa! It came on the 3rd night of Hannukah, perfect really.

Eton, skeeter, Canali

Canali (too big unfortunately), Pal Zileri unlined in a bamboo fabric (that's that **** right here son mmm)

Yikes, I should have used a bigger box — sorry for the effing creased jackets! Anyway, hope something there works for you. Happy Chanukah!
happy.gif

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of people asked about pebble grain shell. It exists, I have no way of recognizing them unless it is marked. here is an example posted few years back on AAAC. Alden:

I've heard it exists, but I'd bet it's more rare than Lattanzi's
lol8[1].gif

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... read the last 5 pages. Someone got a cliffs notes for the weekend? Y'all went crazy with the posts.

EDIT: Also, did we figure out if GM-H is in LA? I think he said Connecticut before, but nobody has ever pulled stuff like that from the CT area before.
No, he is in Neiman Marcus in Dallas.
peepwall[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First a big SHOUT OUT to EazyE for sending me these sweet tweeds in a trade. First time I have seen Andover Shop and I see what the fuss is all about now....Thanks man!

Andover Shop Herringbone - 44L

Andover Shop Green Herringbone w/ stripes (possibly the sweetest pattern tweed I have seen) 40L

Now the stuff I found at lunch while I was not going to go to the thrift store....
Brooks Brothers Nave Pin Suit 44R 38/30

VTG Brooks Brothers Tweed 3 roll 2 - 40R

Cricketeer 3 roll 2 Check SC - 40L

Hickey Freeman 3 roll 2 SC, so soft I think it is made from the hair of a lamb's taint....40L, had a bad tear that was repaired on the sleeve, not overly noticeable, but still unfortunate.

Jacob Reed's Sons Tweed 3 roll 2- 40L

H Freeman & Son 3 roll 2 SC - 42R

PRL Unstructured with detached tags....40R

Sweet Red Tweed 3 roll 2, MOP buttons (with chips
baldy[1].gif
....but I think I have enough around here to replace the damaged ones...
fing02[1].gif
)...41R

Saks Soft Burlap Tweed, had the same sleeve damage as the Hickey Freeman above, fixed adn not overly noticeable, but...40L

Saks Cashmere Blend Suit - Chocolate Brown - 42L 33/29

Saks Ultra lightweight SC 3 roll 2 - 40-41L

Y UZ GUYZ NO 40S!!!???
ffffuuuu.gif
baldy[1].gif
foo.gif

Last edited:

Xenos

Reaction score
GM-H, nice haul! Those St. Andrews look very recent. And very nice. Ridiculous stuff. Wow.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Recent finds

Saint Andrew

And my favorite piece I have found to date

Is it a requirement that the best finds have to have the absolute shittiest photos taken to represent them? I take better photos of ancient Zegna point collar shirts. C'mon man, sell that Brioni overcoat and buy a decent SLR. DM7 takes grainy out of focus pics of 95 Borrelli ties, makes me sad. :(

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
At least I know why I find so little.

+1 In the few times I've gone I've found nothing but a knit tie in New Haven

Is it a requirement that the best finds have to have the absolute shittiest photos taken to represent them? I take better photos of ancient Zegna point collar shirts. C'mon man, sell that Brioni overcoat and buy a decent SLR. DM7 takes grainy out of focus pics of 95 Borrelli ties, makes me sad. :(

Maybe that's to make us feel better?

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
anyone haz a toggle duffel coat or something similar in Small?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barrel I think this could be your best fit to date.

Just don't exactly match your PS and tie!! Also get your pants pressed...

Ah thanks, you're right. Turns out to be a cheap ****** tie, but great job on the ID.
fistbump.gif

Also does anyone recognize this tag? The main tag is long gone, but it's a nice tie

Lucio Lamberti

Duder I would keep both of those. I think both fit reasonably well from the exterior, however if they aren't comfortable don't wear them, just send them to me
devil.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barrel I think this could be your best fit to date.

Just don't exactly match your PS and tie!! Also get your pants pressed...

Lol, it was my girl who requested suggested hinted liked it (?) that I match my PS and tie. Lol, yeah I need to get a streamer. Ever since I started expanding my wardrobe, I ran out of closet space. Now, I'm resorting to storing my pants folded in a garment bag...
musicboohoo[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads