• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries, I didn't catch it either at first, plus it gave me a reason to try some dye work.

OH ****, bro! Sorry, I didn't even know it had a stain! Wow, now that's using your noggin!!!

Also for future reference, PTO just put this out:
You never want your pocket square and tie to match. Tie + pocket square sets made from the same fabric should never be worn (let alone bought), but you should also not recreate this kind of look with whatever items you have on hand.
http://putthison.com/post/37645038343/q-and-answer-how-to-wear-a-pocket-square-aaron

Lol, it was my girl who requested suggested hinted liked it (?) that I match my PS and tie. Lol, yeah I need to get a streamer. Ever since I started expanding my wardrobe, I ran out of closet space. Now, I'm resorting to storing my pants folded in a garment bag...
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it were my size it'd already be in a box on its way to my house. I wanted to wear it to a Dawgs game. If anyone finds one similar around a 42R drop me a note.

I'm sure Wes will find one in your size soon enough.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to go public with this or not but then I realized it was too big not to share with the thread. Plus, there's a question that needs to be answered at the end of this post.

First, though, I have to apologize to the person for whom I was their secret Santa. :embar:
Dude, I am SO not on the level of most everyone else here and nowhere near what just happened to me this morning!
It's just not fair to you. May you have a much better Secret Santa next year!

So...I went to the Post Office to check my PO Box delivery that wouldn't fit.

:bounce2:

And it fits better than it looks in this awkward pose.

It takes a LOT to impress Reese.

It feels hefty. I'll go by whatever you guys say.
Open it now or don't open until Christmas?

Thanks, Secret Santa!

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoo...

I wasn't sure whether to go public with this or not but then I realized it was too big not to share with the thread. Plus, there's a question that needs to be answered at the end of this post.
First, though, I have to apologize to the person for whom I was their secret Santa.
shog[1].gif

Dude, I am SO not on the level of most everyone else here and nowhere near what just happened to me this morning!

bounce2.gif

Thanks, Secret Santa!

Randy

Reaction score

First, though, I have to apologize to the person for whom I was their secret Santa.
shog[1].gif

bounce2.gif

Thanks, Secret Santa!

Open it! Open it! Open it!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shog[1].gif

bounce2.gif

Thanks, Secret Santa!
I'm guessing a sweet Drakes tie.....Open it!!!! Oh wait you said hefty....hmm. An awesome Croc wallet with sterling silver trim..

Or maybe a Sterling Silver wallet with croc trim...

Last edited:

JhwkMac

Reaction score

Miami is a thrift wasteland. Gone on 3 trips in the last two weeks and all i got was a varsity jacket.. nothing as far as ties, tailoring, shoes. just dead. someone give me a good tip! :(

hey! I guess I have to take what I said back. Went to a new spot during lunch break today: Corneliani main line navy sportcoat $5, Brooks Brothers silk tie $1, unlabeled handmade in england silk tie, $75 cents. Woo!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.