• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OTC,

Sounds like it's very hit and miss. I visited it in the spring, must have been early May. All this stuff is picked out by thrift store employees and, as we all know, they aren't the most knowledgable of people. Second Debut did had a ton of Greg Norman, Hogo Boss, Bugatchi Uomo, etc as well when I was there.....stuff, as you described would be best found at Nordy's Rack. Their prices must have gone up too....that's ridiculous.

On another note, the Goodwill you mentioned often has a great selection of stuff. I almost never come out of there empty handed. Pity that it's kind of a drive for me and I usually only swing when I'm headed somewhere in that area. Ah well....

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a nice-looking Corneliani DB suit today. It's a wool/cashmere blend, nailhead charcoal. VGC, but it will need a few alterations.

Also bought a Hardy Amies tie. Not a fan of the brand, but I really liked the stripe pattern.

Saw some NWOT RLBL polos for $8, but they were too large, so I passed.

Tcameron

Reaction score
While in Dublin I got a pure cashemere Lanvin Sportcoat in houndstooth for 12.50 euros.

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Recently, thrifted--dizzy with delight--a jumbled bunch of ties, nice ones: two Charvets, a Brioni, a Talbott seven fold, two Escada seven folds, a Canali, an Hermes, a Barbera, $5.99 each. Oh, and a Charvet pocket square, and several N-M ones, $1.99. Same store, a splendid pair of brown Santoni bluchers, hardly worn, that fit me, and ditto, some Varvatos chukkas. Also, an apparently new, made-in-Italy Massimo Trovato (which is a store in Arizona) shirt, thick MOP buttons, hand made buttonholes, etc. $7.99. Can't pinpoint the maker, not the same hallmarks as Lorenzini, Finamore, Barba or Marol... Thoughts?

Then, when I returned a couple days later, I found a 1969 vintage bespoke grey-green herringbone tweed hacking jacket, from Wm. Hawkins, Dublin, all hand made, working cuffs. $6.99. Workmanship is fully comparable with my 1985 Henry Poole suit. Wonder of wonders, the guy was my clone... Wherever you are, sir, my thanks!

sfnewbie

Reaction score
I found a 100% cashmere JWN sweater yesterday for $5. Looks to be brand new.

spitfire86

Reaction score
I had a great thrift holiday season!

1 Hickey Freeman bespoke suit in grey with stripes
1 Hickey Freeman (made for Nordstrom) navy blue with plad
1 Egyptian Cotton Blue Nordstrom shirt
7 Six-fold ties
2 silk pocket squares
3 wool pants

Most the thrift stores were having 40-50% off too b/c of Thanksgiving!

lab1dobie

Reaction score
Hit paydirt at our friend's consignment store. 2 pairs of Allen - Edmond shoes, and 2 cashmere Bill Blass sportcoats for under $200.00. That includes $120.00 for one pair of shoes to be recrafted by Allen - Edmonds. They did an outstanding job. The shoes look brand new!!
smile.gif

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tenant moved out of one of my mother-in-law's apartments. Left a mint brown horsehide jacket- in my size! Free is good
smile.gif

nGoldenm

Reaction score
Just scored a very lightly used BB Golden Fleece suit in Navy for $33. Not bad if you ask me.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pair of Grenson boots (one cognac brogue lace-up and one dark brown brogue chelsea) for $125 each at Sak's in Chicago. $350 marked down to $244 then an additional %50 off.

misterbowles

Reaction score
Picked up a 46L navy Canali Proposta full-length wool top-coat at a local hospital's thrift shop (always good finds here; the docs have good taste!) for $60. Exactly my size, and just like buttah.

I couldn't step back far enough to get a full shot, but here's the
my.php
. Score!

misterbowles

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post; couldn't figure out how to delete the first one... I picked up this 46L navy Canali Proposta full-length wool top-coat at a local hospital's thrift shop (always good finds here; the docs have good taste!) for $60. Exactly my size, and just like buttah. I couldn't step back far enough to get a full shot, but here's the tag. Score!
canalinavypropostatopcoht4.th.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads