• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a thing? I don't usually pick up ties unless they're for personal use - but at thrift prices, I'm sure they have the greatest potential for high margins (when a whole lot is sold that is)

Very well made, very unknown on eBay.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've posted this find before, but I need to verify that this is indeed a EZ couture tie. It doesn't say couture but the XXX stitching signifies this, correct?

Last edited:

ReubenR

Reaction score

Is this a thing? I don't usually pick up ties unless they're for personal use - but at thrift prices, I'm sure they have the greatest potential for high margins (when a whole lot is sold that is)
No idea about resale value but I'd wear the heck out of that.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to do this same line of research awhile back, and, yes, XXX = couture.
Thank you, I had researched it a little bit a couple weeks ago, and I also got the same answer.

The reason I ask is because a potential ebay customer contacted (bitched at) me claiming that it wasn't couture so I politely explained to him that it was indeed (and explained why). Didn't work, he claims that I "have no idea what I'm talking about." Ahhhh, the joys of dealing with eBay.

Anyways, thank you!! Just wanted to make sure I "know what I'm talking about."

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I had researched it a little bit a couple weeks ago, and I also got the same answer.

The reason I ask is because a potential ebay customer contacted (bitched at) me claiming that it wasn't couture so I politely explained to him that it was indeed (and explained why). Didn't work, he claims that I "have no idea what I'm talking about." Ahhhh, the joys of dealing with eBay.

Anyways, thank you!! Just wanted to make sure I "know what I'm talking about."

block this buyer

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in marshalls yesterday and saw a couple pair of True Religion (yeah I know) selvedge jeans. No horseshoe or Buddah on the back pocket either. List price $198.00. Selling price: $59.00

IMAG0406_zps13u2k2u5.jpg
IMAG0407_zpslzfij1w9.jpg

IMAG0409_zpsqvekd6ik.jpg
IMAG0403_zpsw6oh94wq.jpg

IMAG0410_zpsxextkdwi.jpg

Needless to say they are still sitting there

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a bad price for a personal pickup.

But yeah, you made the right call.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Dallas this last weekend. Got mostly skunked but I have to say what I saw definitely had promise. Some ripped Brioni suits, a few Savile Row pieces in an odd small size not worth the risk for me, and one gem - a super 160s Loro Piana suit made by Isaia (NA).

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my best buddy asked me to be his best man next year (august 2015). He's getting married in Portugal...

Leaves me one year to find the most BADASS tux ever... (and for extremely warm weather?
stirpot.gif
)

PM me boys ;)

ReubenR

Reaction score

So my best buddy asked me to be his best man next year (august 2015). He's getting married in Portugal...

Leaves me one year to find the most BADASS tux ever... (and for extremely warm weather? :stirpot: )

PM me boys ;)

If this ivory DB DJ I gambled on with Linda turns out to fit, I may have a SB ivory DJ for you . . .

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys, what's the general hierarchy of Zegna stuff? I.E. Trofeo, Su Misura etc. Thanks!

Trofeo is one of their fabrics.

The hierarchy is:

Zegna Premium (used to be called Couture)
Ermenigildo Zegna (Mainline)
ZZegna (Made in Mexico usually)
Zegna Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.