• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PM incoming as soon as I get my kid to sleep. I've got a H&S suit that might be trade worthy.

Good luck, im watching sophia the first

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Enter random consignment like resale store for women.

Lady: welcome!
Me: hi! Do you have any menswear?
Lady: just a few things over here western wear and boots.
Me: ok thanks.

Spots this. I like this hanger:

Crosses fingers:

Sweet! Why's it so slubby?

Ohhhhhhh. It's even a 6x2. Matching pants too!

They wanted $70 for it. I grudgingly paid it, but left the black 6x1 Zegna soft that was next to it. Hope I didn't screw up on either account.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found 3 pairs of Aldens in over two years of doing this. On the plus side, as I was wrapping up a disappointing thriftlenacht (that's made-up bastardized german for thrift night) I found two mint (dare I say NWOT) Luciano Barbera dress shirts. Aaaand the ladies straightening the racks were saying they had gotten so much new menswear in, they were going to have to bring out more racks for it tomorrow.
I was in Indy last night for work and found a "pair" of Aldens. Right was a tassle and the left was full strap. Searched to no avail for the mates. Didn't someone a while back buy a pair of mismatched shoes or just a single shoe? PointDexter, maybe? What ever happened to that guy?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ ZOMG NUDIESSSSSSS ^^

Yeah, I've passed on a few daks because the colors were meh, but they make an awesome jacket!

I saw them week after week at the same spot so I figured I missed some damage or something haha.

Last edited:

JL3212

Reaction score
I was in Indy last night for work and found a "pair" of Aldens. Right was a tassle and the left was full strap. Searched to no avail for the mates. Didn't someone a while back buy a pair of mismatched shoes or just a single shoe? PointDexter, maybe? What ever happened to that guy?

Might not be the case, but sometimes stores around here will put one shoe out and leave the other up at the counter.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Someone may have hidden the matching shoe(s) somewhere in the store. They go back on half off day and get the pair for super cheap.

2. Amputees like nice shoes too.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few things from the past couple of days

Vtg BB

BB Triple patch pocket

Corbin Madras patchwork

Corny silk & wool

Vtg PRL Equestrian jacket

vtg PRL Southwest Down Puffer

well worn Avirex B-15 w/ removable collar

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might not be the case, but sometimes stores around here will put one shoe out and leave the other up at the counter.
No, everything else was matched.

1. Someone may have hidden the matching shoe(s) somewhere in the store. They go back on half off day and get the pair for super cheap.

2. Amputees like nice shoes too.
Didn't seem like the type of place for #1, plus the Alden stamp wasn't visible anymore and they were fairly cheap. I briefly thought about the amputee route, but after picking up several bigger jackets, I wouldn't have had anymore room in the carryon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members