• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys ever feel like you have those "bad luck brands"? Like, you can't move them, they never fit you, and they usually have problems when you find them. For me that's Canali, Burberry, and Hickey Freeman. I almost never pick any of them up on principle.

And if proposta isn't higher end someone here lied to me once.
Definitely the lower line...

Funny this convo was going on exactly when I sold a Canali SC (Proposta no less) for the inflated BIN price.

Last edited:

div25sec9

Reaction score

You guys ever feel like you have those "bad luck brands"? Like, you can't move them, they never fit you, and they usually have problems when you find them. For me that's Canali, Burberry, and Hickey Freeman. I almost never pick any of them up on principle.

And if proposta isn't higher end someone here lied to me once.

From my recollection of Proposta on this thread, it was a discontinued line that was prone to dated styling.

My bad luck brand is Brooks Brothers. They usually fit like a tent and I can't move them to save my life.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Aren't they hailed as the conservative tailored cut? I picked up a couple jackets with the recent label HF recently and they're both two button, double vented which is quite rare as most other HFs I've picked up are center vented. Maybe they're slowly styling their jackets to be more contemporary?

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like Hansderhund said, it is underrated, great fabrics, and well made. and i am happy to part with a little extra coin for a good one, because i find Brioni to be usually far too expensive by comparison. does anybody else have a taste for Canali?

it Anyone EVER, finds a nice looking Canali in a 38R. you know who to pm.

Edit: also accepting decent & recent Zegnas.

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't they hailed as the conservative tailored cut? I picked up a couple jackets with the recent label HF recently and they're both two button, double vented which is quite rare as most other HFs I've picked up are center vented. Maybe they're slowly styling their jackets to be more contemporary?

HF actually has a range of cuts and styles.

http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/ourcollections.aspx

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found a canali jacket that was marked a 50 (i.e. US 40). I can wear some 40's but this thing was sized like a 42. I'll keep this in mind when I look for some. I didn't know they ran that big!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PTO did a review on one that was based in Arizona. Forgot the name, but I was planning on using them as well...lmk ur experience with em.
The Rave Fabricare we everyone is talking about is the same one that is based in Arizona.

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Having thrifted much lately as I'm concentrating on moving stuff. But did make one stop yesterday.

Grabbed these shoes as they were high quality and will look good after a shine - Anyone have any idea of the maker? I feel I've seen 3224 in a shoe before (maybe the last), but can't recall.
They had been recently resoled to boot. Thinking VTG florsheims or hanovers?

Also, did not kop.

marc roberto

Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
Good call. Pathetic fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them