• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe you are correct sir. Thought they looked an awful lot like the black #6845s I picked up last month. These are #684. Part of the model was covered by the piece of leather that's put inside around the heel. And no, not different sizes. Just an optical illusion I call ****** picture taking. edit: This is just the full straps. The tassel loafers have not visible markings.
Lol, G called it. Alden and 10.5D
Aaaaaaaaaand they're mine. PM incoming.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question....

Say your meeting some people for dinner. What do you wear?

Deets.

Reservation Only
Cost of meal per person, before drinks and tip - $150-200
This ain't your standard South Central PA Diner with fried scrapple on the menu.
Location - In a metropolis
You have never met the people before, but have had business dealings with them often.
You normally wear t-shirt and jeans.
You don't want to look like a complete idiot, but it probably doesn't matter. 
You only have about 2 hours from now to pack because you waited til the last possible minute to figure this **** out.
Procrastination, second only to masturbation, is the best way to *************.

GO!

Gray, solid suit always works, brogued dress shoes and striped shirt in blue white tones sporty it up in case they are more casual. Don't go too crazy with the tie, bordeaux grenadine, finally no pocket square.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gray, solid suit always works, brogued dress shoes and striped shirt in blue white tones sporty it up in case they are more casual. Don't go too crazy with the tie, bordeaux grenadine, finally no pocket square.

Now, pretend you have only one suit...and it is a blue birdseye.
biggrin.gif

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I passed on these b/c the inside of the shoe was pretty beat up. Really nothing wrong with uppers aside from being dirty as hell. Again no visible markings but I think that since the other 2 turned out to be Aldens I'll probably go back for these.

I'm thinking they are possibly this model: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-BROOK...7135941?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e7ed87d45
Good chance I'll be in the area tomorrow, how about you just shoot me the store address and I'll pick up your scraps :D

EDIT: Based on the tile, racks and cart...I'm 99% sure i know where lol...I won't be that far over, so you're safe.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with the UPscale denim approach.
wearing dark bootcut denims, matching shoes and belt (Brown), a nice shirt, and the most Badass tweed/ S.C that you can make work with the rest of the fit. if you can, do the pocket square, just to show you care a little for the fit. now look at the fit in a mirror, and try to put a tie on. a contrasting one usually works.

have fun at dinner, not worrying about spilling a drink on your pants.
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who has a single suit which is blue birdseye? Man! Then pull one of the blazers in your listings and go with yacht club / security officer look. A navy blazer is a man's little black dress. Fits every occasion.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question....

Say your meeting some people for dinner. What do you wear?

Deets.

Reservation Only
Cost of meal per person, before drinks and tip - $150-200
This ain't your standard South Central PA Diner with fried scrapple on the menu.
Location - In a metropolis
You have never met the people before, but have had business dealings with them often.
You normally wear t-shirt and jeans.
You don't want to look like a complete idiot, but it probably doesn't matter.
You only have about 2 hours from now to pack because you waited til the last possible minute to figure this **** out.
Procrastination, second only to masturbation, is the best way to *************.

GO!
How's the weather? I'm assuming a bit chilly? I would rock grey odd trousers, whatever shirt you got, brown shoes, sport coat, if you want, rock a tie, if not no biggie. If all fails, rock a 2 piece, as long as the fit is good.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's the weather? I'm assuming a bit chilly? I would rock grey odd trousers, whatever shirt you got, brown shoes, sport coat, if you want, rock a tie, if not no biggie. If all fails, rock a 2 piece, as long as the fit is good.

It's always hot to me. lol. Unseasonably warm this weekend I think though. Looks like I will be wearing the suit. I have exactly one tweed that fits and I would definitely be too hot in that. Don't think I could get away with not wearing a jacket though. Man, I suck at this. I should spend a little time here and there working on keeping a few things for times like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads