• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're getting pretty good at this bro. I like the second fit better for the contrast. Might be a bit busy with the shirt and tie combo. Might do better with a (albeit, boring) solid light blue shirt.

Anyhow, PREACH, SON!

trying to decide which jacket to wear to easter sunday service, I am preaching again this year as part of the service. I am so wasp it makes me want to cry sometimes
ffffuuuu.gif

jacket, andover shop mtm from someone here part silk, unstructured 1/4 lined
linen check shirt some italian brand thrifted by me
tie vintage unlined silk rep thrifted by me
ps nickelcobalt
pants uniqlo not thrifted
loafers ae ebay

everything is the same except this a prl made in italy linen unstructured 1/4 lined blazer from barrel

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no my question was who messaged me about wanting to consign. I am pretty sure it was either you or nataku, I think it is you though. I think I almost just sent like thousands of dollars worth of things to consign to nat on accident.
patch[1].gif

You guys are so damn squeamish. God forbid a used shirt touch your face.

[insert DM7 wolf barking picture]
I USE MY LIP AND SOMETIMES RUB AGAINST MY TEETH TO VERIFY GRITTYNESS

GROW A PAIR

(Not you, Martini. Stay classy, girl)
With all the noise about balls, lips, chins, and MOPs, I just want to give my $0.02. I'm not saying I'm a MOP master but I've handled enough of them to be able to tell just by looking at them and feeling them on the web between my thumb and index finger. If I still can't tell or not sure, I'll do the cheek test. No where do I let used clothes touch my lips.
How many people do u consign with? Wouldn't it be easier to stick with 1, so u don't continue to get confused?

Or maybe u have better luck with different people depending on the item...?
I think some people like to do a field test before committing, nahmane?
+1. Vintage Golden Fleece is of the Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn/Jil Sander ilk: most often incredibly well constructed, almost always completely underrated and undervaluaed. I will pick it up for myself everytime, but pretty much always leave it if it's not my size (or unless it's for a true homie from whom I expect nothing else in exchange).
+2
I've only handled about 2 BBGF. Although they weren't my size, I sure would like to cop at least one in my size.

trying to decide which jacket to wear to easter sunday service, I am preaching again this year as part of the service. I am so wasp it makes me want to cry sometimes
ffffuuuu.gif

jacket, andover shop mtm from someone here part silk, unstructured 1/4 lined
linen check shirt some italian brand thrifted by me
tie vintage unlined silk rep thrifted by me
ps nickelcobalt
pants uniqlo not thrifted
loafers ae ebay

everything is the same except this a prl made in italy linen unstructured 1/4 lined blazer from barrel
Bro, I like the first one cuz I think it's more church appropriate but you know I have attachment to that PRL...I wished that thing fit me. Hey, my lost, your gain! Wear it in good health! Now where's my gaddamn box!!!
mwink[1].gif

^ Agreed. Second would be best with a solid shirt.
+3
Navy blazer always look better with a solid OCBD!

Last edited:

ScottW

Reaction score
Quote:
A wrapped cigar!

Handmade in the Dominican.. not Cuba. Shame it was broken, but I don't smoke. Trashed.
In case you were curious, La Unica are factory seconds of the more well known La Gloria Cubana brand, which are also Dominican, not Cuban as their name might suggest. That one has the label on the cellophane and no band, which I have never seen from La Unica so it likely predates my almost 20 years of [infrequent] cigar smoking. Even when stored properly, which that one most definitely was not, most Dominicans are way over the hill by then. Even if it was intact, it would have been a ****** smoke.

I hit a smaller GW today and left nearly empty handed. Left a Battistoni coat (for Barney's) that fit me but had a couple of nicks & pulls in visible areas. Also left two Harris tweed coats, not my size and kind of weird patterns- one had a bit of an odd pink-ish hue to the light brown. I believe they were sized around a 38-40, can go back if anyone is really desperate for tweed. I did pick up one BB branded wood hangar with the wide shoulders for 96¢, whoopdy doo.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of **** I love: dudes on a thread about thrifting clothes dropping straight up knowledge on 20+ year old cigars.

PREACH.

Quote:
In case you were curious, La Unica are factory seconds of the more well known La Gloria Cubana brand, which are also Dominican, not Cuban as their name might suggest. That one has the label on the cellophane and no band, which I have never seen from La Unica so it likely predates my almost 20 years of [infrequent] cigar smoking. Even when stored properly, which that one most definitely was not, most Dominicans are way over the hill by then. Even if it was intact, it would have been a ****** smoke.

I hit a smaller GW today and left nearly empty handed. Left a Battistoni navy coat (for Barney's) that fit me but had a couple of nicks & pulls in visible areas. Also left two Harris tweed coats, not my size and kind of weird patterns- one had a bit of an odd pink-ish hue to the light brown. I believe they were sized around a 38-40, can go back if anyone is really desperate for tweed. I did pick up one BB branded wood hangar with the wide shoulders for 96¢, whoopdy doo.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of **** I love: dudes on a thread about thrifting clothes dropping straight up knowledge on 20+ year old cigars.

PREACH.
This is another reason why I love this damn thread so much - the randomness of derail, sometimes bring forth mofos who b drop'n knowledge!
teacha.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I hit a smaller GW today and left nearly empty handed. Left a Battistoni coat (for Barney's) that fit me but had a couple of nicks & pulls in visible areas. Also left two Harris tweed coats, not my size and kind of weird patterns- one had a bit of an odd pink-ish hue to the light brown. I believe they were sized around a 38-40, can go back if anyone is really desperate for tweed. I did pick up one BB branded wood hangar with the wide shoulders for 96¢, whoopdy doo.
Hmm, I think if it's not out of style, reweaving it could be a great investment.

Pawz

Reaction score
I'm looking for Armani ties, preferably Collezioni/Giorgio for cheap. PM me if you have any for sale!

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for Armani ties, preferably Collezioni/Giorgio for cheap. PM me if you have any for sale!

Time was I had dozens and dozens. Worked for the company. But I mostly sold them off. I will take a look around and let you know if I find any stragglers.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just to keep you guys on the edge of your seats for a while. I got soo much stuff yesterday, it's gonna take me the rest of the day to process.

Main attraction. One of those PA Amish made pieces.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just to keep you guys on the edge of your seats for a while. I got soo much stuff yesterday, it's gonna take me the rest of the day to process.

:wow:

(Intentionally unspoilered for awesomeness)

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy crap! By Belvest?

ScottW

Reaction score
Quote:
I'm gonna quote myself because I was really tired and a little drunk when I posted that, and now I remember that La Unica is actually not LGC seconds. I was thinking of El Credito. La Unica is owned by Fuente. Sorry everyone! I shall redeem myself by posting pics (later this weekend) of what is hopefully the Hermes I am looking for. Or, the Hermes for which I am looking.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna quote myself because I was really tired and a little drunk when I posted that, and now I remember that La Unica is actually not LGC seconds. I was thinking of El Credito. La Unica is owned by Fuente. Sorry everyone! I shall redeem myself by posting pics (later this weekend) of what is hopefully the Hermes I am looking for. Or, the Hermes for which I am looking.

The LaGloria Cubanas rolled at the El Credito factory in Miami were always more consistent than the ones rolled in the DR. And of course all were better back when Ernesto Perez-Carrillo was in charge

(Detail from a LaGloria themed painting I commissioned a while back, which Ernesto permitted and personally signed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads