• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Whoa...I am not worthy of this statement...but the feeling is mutual indeed. (as long as there is a waffle house involved)

Of course theres a WH involved. I just want to see the tweed trees that grow in PA.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after getting like 6 $50 best offers from wowniceshirt i just added them to my blocked bidder list. annoying ass business, just buys up gobs of mediocre stuff and overcharges people for it. GTFO

I had an annoying one like that today... Bids $25 on a $70 BINOBO, I counter with $60, he counters with $30.

If you don't want to play, GTFO... I'm gonna block that one...

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a really cool 1970s Seiko 5 Speed Timer today

Nice. haven't seen that one.
fing02[1].gif
cool pick up.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an annoying one like that today... Bids $25 on a $70 BINOBO, I counter with $60, he counters with $30.

If you don't want to play, GTFO... I'm gonna block that one...
I super lowball people with binobo all the time
shog[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

My view is that if you bid less than 1/2 of the BINOBO price, you're an ass. I lowball people... Hell, that's how I picked up a Sharks jersey for $22 (off a $30 BINOBO price), but start with a fairly reasonable offer. The one I was lowballed on was a deadstock pair of pants for which I priced based on what a recent auction of the same thing in a less common size sold for. Dude also had the gall to ask if the pants had any stains or odors (what part of "like new" doesn't he understand?).

Anyway, rant over... Maybe it was you I blocked this evening...
nest.gif

pbdeng4

Reaction score
Did a 200ish mile round trip (from Sac to the North Bay and back) with the girlfriend and ran into some cool stuff to be posted later. I found Sheppard Hanovers for like $10 bucks and passed on it (to my girlfriend's urging).

Would they have been savlageable as beater shoes?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot my other rant for the evening...

Savers' prices........ They are getting ridiculous.

I mentioned the $400 price tag on a pair of selvage Levis. But everyday stuff is getting horribly overpriced. There was a shirt with a nearly fist-sized hole (in the armpit, ferrphukksake!) that was priced as if nothing was wrong with it. Granted, it was a Pendleton. But who would buy that??

Oh, and watching the Grammys earlier. Only Samuel L Jackson could pull that outfit off in public.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half price weekend in Vancouver, BC at Salvation Army and Value Village. Hit 3 Sally's to restock and found multiples of Zara, Banana Republic and Mexx, this Zegna Soft and tons of shoes. Have no idea what I will do with the grey Pierre Cardin's but just couldn't help myself. Vintage ties but nothing worth mentioning. The Tommy and Banana Republic are in the photo.

Bacco Bucci, Bacco Bucci, Grenshons, Cesare Paciotti, B2, Florsheim Imperials

Todd's, Pierre Cardin, Pierre Cardin, B2, Massimo Dutti, Bally of Switzerland

Kenneth Cole, Too Boot NY, Cole Haan, Dior

The pants have a 3 inch hem, putting the past owner at about 5'6.

Shoes less than 5 bux per pair. A little bit of something for everyone.
Wow, so many pairs of shoes in one post! You must have good luck. I almost never get decent shoes at a thrift...
I think he means this collaboration :

I've got some Am. Living ties that I like. Unless, of course, you're asking Ian about the actual jacket...

On the subject of apparitions, I'd like to share something I have encountered that is not really scary, but it's just weird and happens at night. I live the the dc burbs and my area (NoVA) has had it's share of skirmishes in both the civil war and probably the war of independence. I also run and with the shorter days I run in the late afternoon after work when there is usually no light.

More than once I see this guy wearing a white gown (to the middle thigh) and walking out of the corner of my eye. He has long disheveled hair and is looking straight ahead. This road I run by has those waist high concrete dividers that separate both sides of traffic. I've seen him straddle the divider to overcome it but he will use his lead leg to go over it frontward, while maintaining his vision straight ahead. Kinda the opposite of how you would straddle a horse, if that makes sense. When I look right at him, he is gone. I only see him out of the corner of my eye. Also, he never looks at me he's just walking straight ahead.

Now, I've thought maybe he was in a military hospital during wartime. I've wanted to research whether white gowns were worn in hospitals during the civil war, for example. Also, I've thought that everyone during civil war time had short hair but I'm not sure. I do know that most of the civil war guys had facial hair. I can't tell if this guy has facial hair. That's it.
I facking knew it!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, garbage always a pass!

^^ FaceOfBoh, great job on the laundry room!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit for dinner at in-laws'. I'm just having fun with my clothes.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Related to that Bakery - what is it about America and cinnamon? I love cinnamon but over here it is used excessively. It is a strong frigging spice but nobody here seems to notice. Buy a round of cinnamon buns, they look super yummy. One bite and this cinnamon gloop spilled out - man it was rank. Over in Europe cinnamon is used respectfully in light to moderate quantities. Not so over here apparently.

You just need to find the right method to eat food spiced to American tastes.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then use this one.

Btw, phenomenal haul, Ben — PM just sent re Luciano Barbera shirt.

Randy

lol8[1].gif

Big shout outs to size 38r for being a kick ass mofo!!! Where have you been all my life?!
inlove.gif
No ****.
I will keep you guys updated on the deets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads