• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those RLPL ties are exquisite
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

those are rlpl are ******* exquisite

acosbysweater

Reaction score
worship2.gif
Those RLPL ties
bounce2.gif
are exquisite
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edit:

Thrift fit for the first snow of the season.

Base layer...Craft windproof thermal shirt and windproof tights. EP deal from my shop years ago
PRL plaid twill shirt. TJ Maxx
Coach belt
Acne jeans
Wolverine boots

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PRL shirts come in varying levels of quality.  The nicest PRL shirts have the cursive label underneath the Polo Ralph Lauren label, like yours ("Custom Fit" is in cursive font).  All the cursive label shirts that I have seen do not have the polo on the front (some of them have them on one of the side gussets) and have decent-sized MoP buttons.

I picked up a PRL a couple hundred pages back that turned out to be made by Lorenzini, easily on par with any other high end shirt I've come across.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me gents, is this the Lanvin I'm looking for?

I swear I remember someone saying that if it has "paris" on the tag it's worth picking up. It was made in the usa and details seem to suggest it's high end. Did I do a good job?

Also picked up two pairs of these in 34. Details to follow, later...

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally ran into a number of good items at one store, it's been awhile:

Ballantyne Polo (XXL), Billy Reid Polo (NWT - M)

Barba Plaid (16.5, really wish this fit) CIfonelli Gingham (L)

2x Etro (Blue - 16.5, Yellow - 15)

2x Borrelli (Gray - 16.5, Black - 16, both super soft flannel)

2x Luciano Barbera Cable Knit Button Sweaters (No size, I would estimate 24 p2p or there abouts)

John Smedley Quarter Zip (Large-ish)

Older Cashmere Cucinelli (mock?) Turtleneck (No size, but big)

Navy Woolrich Working Jacket w/ Plaid Lining

Willis & Geiger Travel Jacket (M)

Simon Miler Jeans (Not Available)

Multi-fold Made in Italy Tie (any ideas on the maker? Didn't think "Milano" was it)

Oh, and I won these on Ebay. Been wanting a pair for awhile:

Everything other than the jeans, the shoes and the tie is available.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Damn Cotton, loving those borrellis. Nicely done. Those shoes are
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Kids, don't drink and post (re: my post last night). Also, when did the 99cent only store start carrying used ties?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Dammit, I thought that was the good label. Good thing goodwill takes returns

The "good" ties I've found have said Paris. I think current good label may just say "Lanvin". Their newer logo is that lady or whatever. Pretty sure Made in US is a bad sign for Lanvin as well. Their good stuff should be more fashion forward, and unlikely to be like that herringbone jacket you found. Someone correct me if this is wrong.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Tell me gents, is this the Lanvin I'm looking for?

I swear I remember someone saying that if it has "paris" on the tag it's worth picking up. It was made in the usa and details seem to suggest it's high end. Did I do a good job?
Also picked up two pairs of these in 34. Details to follow, later...

Here's a few tips for Lanvin-seekers:

- Rather than examining the Lanvin tag, look at the maker tag. Newer good Lanvin is made by Caruso, older by Canali. Photos of both of those tags can be found in the Labels thread. If the tag matches, you've got a winner.
- Do the canvas pinch test like you would with any piece you're not familiar with. If it's fused, toss it back.
- If you're in a rush, just look at the country of origin. If it's the U.S., don't waste your time.

I am interested those pants though, if they have a 33 or 34 inseam.

rayxlui

Reaction score

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's a few tips for Lanvin-seekers:

- Rather than examining the Lanvin tag, look at the maker tag. Newer good Lanvin is made by Caruso, older by Canali. Photos of both of those tags can be found in the Labels thread.  If the tag matches, you've got a winner.
- Do the canvas pinch test like you would with any piece you're not familiar with. If it's fused, toss it back.
- If you're in a rush, just look at the country of origin. If it's the U.S., don't waste your time.

I am interested those pants though, if they have a 33 or 34 inseam.

Thanks for the advice. As I said I'll be returning it. As for the pants, I've yet to measure them. I'll let you know.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2x Luciano Barbera Cable Knit Button Sweaters (No size, I would estimate 24 p2p or there abouts)

I want! But unfortunately they're too big for me. I've been lusting after LB lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads