• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

timmygoestothez

Reaction score
Been looking for some hiking boots. Salvation army delivered. Danner Mountain Light, my size. These will go well with my thrifted Sierra Designs 60/40 parka.

Story time:
As soon as I opened the door to Salvo, I heard shouting. Guy was going ballistic on the manager, screaming about someone taking his phone. I thought about leaving, but Guy didn't seem mentally ill or prone to violence. Anyway, Manager tells employee to call the cops, then walks into the back of the store. A few minutes later, Manager re-emerges, walks up to Guy and says, "I need to apologize. *This* is your phone. *That* is my phone." Apparently Manager got confused and ganked Guy's phone. lol. Happy ending: they talked for about 10 minutes and there seemed to be no hard feelings.
20190316-DSC_0736.jpg

Last edited:

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
Posted this on vintage shoe thread, but no luck there. trying to ID the maker of these ankle boots. any help might get you into my will.

(not really putting you in my will, but I will think fondly of your assistance)

hello, typically post elsewhere, but was directed here to possibly get help identifying the maker of these boots. nice made in England for either a person or a shop. thought they were florsheims based on quick look at heel, but then saw the MIE inside. also, it is not missing a strap, it is hidden under the tongue.

View attachment 1143503

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A few odds and ends...

Hogan boots and Car Shoe...

fullsizeoutput_ce7d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ce76.jpeg

Gucci, UVEX Beta, Oakley TwoFace, UVEX SnoSun, Alpina

fullsizeoutput_ce7e.jpeg

This was on a hanger and I didn't even see that it had pants until I went to pay:

fullsizeoutput_ce7f.jpeg

Really well-made rucksack. No brand, but nice details including a hook on one strap to allow you to take it off with minimal hassle.

fullsizeoutput_ce80.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ce81.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ce82.jpeg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From yesterday, both pops for me: Yanko suede captoe oxfords.
A10B8F4A-A3F7-44FF-80FC-47444EC5C465.jpeg

Paired with thrifted Zegna dad jeans
719F056D-DB42-4713-8144-A4B6412829AA.jpeg

Dope & Drakkar Japanese selvedge
D25A3F7A-91D0-412A-BD2B-9FBD3EBD72AC.jpeg
14855018-2F90-4A8D-8119-F41FA7C166A5.jpeg

Went to the bins and got to talking with a guy who was sorting through two big containers of DVDs and CDs he’d paid $50 for. He tossed me a few keepers including this unopened box set of 7 Hayao Miyazaki movies. @Purplelabel, the Spice Girls CD is yours for the cost of shipping, LMK.
98FC9BEB-CA8E-4634-ABD4-4928F2E510C2.jpeg

The clean-up on some Florsheim 93603s from a while back.
61B5DDFF-E47C-40E6-A4FE-542B223A7D32.jpeg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few odds and ends...

Hogan boots and Car Shoe...

View attachment 1145241

View attachment 1145242

Gucci, UVEX Beta, Oakley TwoFace, UVEX SnoSun, Alpina

View attachment 1145243

This was on a hanger and I didn't even see that it had pants until I went to pay:

View attachment 1145244

Really well-made rucksack. No brand, but nice details including a hook on one strap to allow you to take it off with minimal hassle.

View attachment 1145245

View attachment 1145246

View attachment 1145247

I found a similar rucksack that was labeled Lillehammer. Nice stuff

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me more about this piece? I'm new to vintage clothing and like to know more about it :)

View attachment 1145191

What you have here is a rare 1992 Tommy Hilfiger men's coach jacket. Often seen on the likes of Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves and now famous rock climber Alex Hannold. Great find, you should be able to sell for a decent amount of rupees.

;)
Sorry, was just bored. Pretty sure it's just another standard Tommy jacket.

Tjappiebakker

Reaction score
What you have here is a rare 1992 Tommy Hilfiger men's coach jacket. Often seen on the likes of Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves and now famous rock climber Alex Hannold. Great find, you should be able to sell for a decent amount of rupees.

;)
Sorry, was just bored. Pretty sure it's just another standard Tommy jacket.
Hahaha, all right. Thank you!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahaha, all right. Thank you!

It’s hard to date those...unless there’s a tag somewhere that tells you. Find all the tags located in odd places and scour them for a date (something like ‘01’ or ‘3/01’, etc). It may or may not have one.

The old square tag logo in the collar is a good sign. They switched to the new collar logo around, what, 2000? They’ve used the rectangle logo on the chest at least since 92 — but still use it today — meaning that although the jacket could be late 90s, it still looks current.

It’s not the coolest Tommy piece (that would be something that screams 80s/early 90s), but would fit in and compliment a vintage look if that’s what you’re going for — maybe some light wash jeans and loud button down or Polo Sport shirt, etc.

Post things you think are cool, people will listen.

Tjappiebakker

Reaction score
It’s hard to date those...unless there’s a tag somewhere that tells you. Find all the tags located in odd places and scour them for a date (something like ‘01’ or ‘3/01’, etc). It may or may not have one.

The old square tag logo in the collar is a good sign. They switched to the new collar logo around, what, 2000? They’ve used the rectangle logo on the chest at least since 92 — but still use it today — meaning that although the jacket could be late 90s, it still looks current.

It’s not the coolest Tommy piece (that would be something that screams 80s/early 90s), but would fit in and compliment a vintage look if that’s what you’re going for — maybe some light wash jeans and loud button down or Polo Sport shirt, etc.

Post things you think are cool, people will listen.
Thank you for your reply! I bought this jacket for 8 euro (around 9 dollars) at my local thriftshop :) (It's a bit too oversized for me, or I just have to get used to it)

pnin22

Reaction score
If anyone's a size 13D, a store near me has several Allen Edmonds in good condition: Strand burgundy, tan tassel loafer, and another blucher. I'm not going to pick up because resale value of this size is questionable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads