• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a real nice morning

What do the wrangler boiz think on these 1960’s? They have the gripper zipper but no blue bell so idk
View attachment 2162345
View attachment 2162347 View attachment 2162349

Went to an estate sale tbat advertised having 5 optimo fedoras and Panamas but they sold yesterday…luckily the shoes were still there.

View attachment 2162351

Gravati peccary x 2
View attachment 2162353

Pretty sure this is a pop on branded EG for me…only took 7 years

View attachment 2162355

Question for the art guys…I got these old AAA etching prints that look like they’re hand signed but I can’t tell if it’s all just printed on there
View attachment 2162337 View attachment 2162339 View attachment 2162341 View attachment 2162343

Nice! I’d guess those Wranglers to be early 70’s. I’m far from an expert, though.

On another note, I spent the morning giving these old theater seats some much needed TLC. They cleaned up pretty dang nice for only having used a few off-the-shelf products I had on hand.
Before

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

After

IMG_6683.jpeg

IMG_6685.jpeg

IMG_6690.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels like I haven’t contributed in a while, so here’s a group shot of all the shoes I spent the morning/afternoon cleaning up and getting ready for the bay. Time to take the dog for a walk.
View attachment 2162367

Those RMs look to be great shape.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also found these yesterday. Still trying to figure out how to clean the **** off the covers, but I plugged them in and they sound fantastic.
IMG_5475.jpeg
IMG_5476.jpeg
IMG_5480.jpeg
IMG_5482.jpeg

I was looking for something vintage to replace my more current pair of Klipschs and these fit the bill perfectly.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i saw them wheeling a rack of jewelry to be put out in the morning and I noticed a pocketwatch hanging off the hook.
Line up at 715 this morning to be first in line and there it was for 12.99.
Tested positive for solid 10K gold, the whole thing is 120 grams I think around 45-50 will be Gold.
20240406_180232.jpg
20240406_180238.jpg
20240406_180316.jpg

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Better pics.
and it fits what the fack do I do now boys.
What model is this ,I thought it was the traveler but it has a ticket pocket,amd removable collar .
View attachment 2162437
Can't help you with the model. 20 years ago I knew them all because they didn't have many, but they've got dozens now, and I don't think I've kopped any since I left New England a decade ago. Super-rare here.

As regards keep or flip, it all comes down to what you need more: a few hundred dollar bills or a bitchin' coat. Sometimes when I kop a piece like this I have to remind myself that this is why I started thrifting: finding grail pieces for pennies on the dollar (the profit part came later). So this is one of those grail-level pieces. Perfect coat for up where you are for a good chunk of the year, and it looks great on you. I have a few pieces of LP outerwear that I will never sell because IMHO it's pretty much the best stuff on earth and I like having it more than the extra few bucks I could make on it, despite that here in AZ I get to wear each piece only a handful of times a year . . .

What goes in the permanent wardrobe? This. Heck, it's a nice ching ching, but I'd say keep it and sell something else from your outerwear collection. And if you find you aren't wearing it, list it a year from now. That's what I do. If it's a super-nice piece, I put it in my wardrobe and see how much I use it, as I never know what's really gonna work. If it no longer lights my fire, off it goes, but I doubt I'd part with your one . . . It's an heirloom kop. Just my 2¢ . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads