• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know how I stumbled across this but I thought it was funny:

fakealdensite.png

Apparently this fake-o website is selling Alden Whiskey Shell NST Bluchers for $50.4 lol. With the cuffed selvedge I figured it for either a reddit or SF post. I like that Alden has that characteristic fine SPI welting. I wonder if you'd even get a package or a pair of shoes after kissing that money goodbye.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the owner sent me this:

D_NQ_NP_2X_707283-MLC74461340329_022024-F.webp

But please let me know if there's anything else I should ask for, as I'm not really knowledgeable regarding clothing.
looks like just the fabric?

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caraceni overcoat definitely a grail piece. great stuff on the thread as well, Hermes overcoat not too shabby either.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Not much thrifting in the last few months, but these are two of the more intriguing things I've found in a while.

A.Caraceni Cashmere DB - mint condition. Made in 2005. Certainly pushing the limits of what I'd spend at a charity shop (£250, so someone was clearly semi-aware of how nice it was), but I've been looking for something DB camel coloured for ages, and cashmere is a bonus. I'd guess Caraceni cashmere coats would be well into 5 figures now at RRP. Lovely spalla camicia on the shoulders, keyhole buttonholes, superb lapel shape and pick-stitched all around. It's a cool thing.

View attachment 2128081
Gorgeous coat. Pretty good for 'not much thrifting'. Looks like it is worth every pound. That's a lot of pick stichting.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally back on the road for a bit and the picking’s been good

c.1900 french handwoven tapestry of the dutch new world
View attachment 2128271

lobb jermyn iii
View attachment 2128273

incredible art deco light fixtures, I’m told they were off a Central Park apt building but more research will be done
View attachment 2128275

rare & unusual lotte bostlund lamp w original fiberglass shade
View attachment 2128277

bnwt kanata sweater
View attachment 2128279

wool/cash belstaff
View attachment 2128281

siiick rrl cardigan, shame buttons are on the wrong side
View attachment 2128283

tags were all missing but this is hedi for celine
View attachment 2128285

early tb for bbbf
View attachment 2128287

great pattern belvest
View attachment 2128289

View attachment 2128291

posting in case there’s someone else that enjoys really weird ****. I love this early 90s hand made/painted bench of a couple driving a Morgan. idk if I’ll make any money on it but it was so weird I had to have it
View attachment 2128293

this I’ll def make $$$$ on — tommi parzinger 4 drawer console
View attachment 2128295

e-thrift belvest for hermes in a fabric that’s so good in person, cash blend w wool and angora — incredible color and texture…hanging onto this one for a min.
View attachment 2128299

took a gamble on this one framed with the margins covered, but unframed it shows the WPA stamp so chances are looking good this is an original 1940s WPA poster. I can only find 2 other copies: 1 in the library of congress and another in one of the largest and most complete private collections of posters and WPA posters specifically.
View attachment 2128297
Amazing finds!! Love that poster.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@330CK that poster looks awesome. Nicho Lowry at Swann Auction Galleries in NYC is the poster king, you should drop them a line.

for sure, was already planning on it — grew up watching him on the roadshow, and usually send them any work on paper I auction. they’ve sold well for me in the past.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm that watch has probably been messed with over the years and may not be worth much to flip, if that's the question.

Looks like the seconds / sweep hand has been changed - That orange doesn't seem typical for Bulova or that style of watch. Bracelet has also been swapped with a random flexo. In my experience when a watch has been swapped around and hacked up on the outside the innards are also kinda sketch.

I think if the inner movement is like pristine and complete I'd go for it for a part-out piece. Or if the case is Gold Filled or karat. Just my opinion!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8366.jpeg
IMG_8363.jpeg
IMG_8364.jpeg
bulllshhit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads