• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I not have thought twice about this for $300? MSRP is 1098. Tagged like it was made for the Japanese audience.

It's kind of a super weird jacket blazer thing.

IMG_9659.jpg

Picked this up today after an auction. $30! All it needed was some oil.

IMG_9662.jpg

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
^^ @ATLjon I'd buy it for a couple Johnsons, but not three Bens. Good fit though!

Here's what will be the final post from last week's auction haul. There's some other stuff not really brag-worthy that will go to the local consignment shop. It's interesting to note how this family rolled: multi 6-figures in women's wear, much of it NWT, but entirely cheap crap for the guy, like Izod etc. Not unfamiliar in estates. However, I could tell how he spent his $$. He competed in aerobatic aircraft (Lycoming racing jacket and some logo polos gave that away), and also likely drove a Ferrari (see tie below). So here was the tiny smattering of menswear:

NWT HF Lindsey flannel
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg

Jack Victor LP cashmere, with LP fabric pants . . .
IMG_3769.jpeg

. . . and a surprise Ferrari tie in the pocket. Weirdly, these get $$$.
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg

NWT Zanella chinos
IMG_3772.jpeg

And a Tumi T-Tech wraps up the menswear
IMG_3729.jpeg

Back to the women's stuff, and a silk and sheared mink reversible:
IMG_3744.jpeg
IMG_3742.jpeg

More St John
IMG_3745.jpeg

'Gamo, NWT
IMG_3756.jpeg

Valentino knit skirt
IMG_3753.jpeg
IMG_3754.jpeg

Needless Markups leather moto
IMG_3758.jpeg

Neiman leather and cashmere
IMG_3759.jpeg

A bunch of leather skirts, various brand including NWT St. John
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg

Cool leather jacket, though not worth much
IMG_3763.jpeg

Full-length Italian suede coat (sorry for messy pic, my eBay room is getting outta hand . . .

IMG_3774.jpeg

And finally, a full-length reversible sheared mink coat. A stunner.
IMG_3775.jpeg

Tuckered just from sorting all this stuff out. Almost a week gone by since this auction, and nothing listed yet. :eek: Oh, well, onward!!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrapping up for the night. Here are some additional finds from the past couple of weeks:

Polo:
View attachment 2094093
View attachment 2094095

Topo Designs:
View attachment 2094097
View attachment 2094099

Then some odd ones:

Mr Turk (Men's Collection from Trina Turk). When you need a linen MIUSA romper:
View attachment 2094089
View attachment 2094091

I look at everything and this jumped out. Funny how there are tons of references to it on the internet from lookbooks to YouTube videos, hyping up the new H&M Summer/Spring Collection of 2013:

View attachment 2094085
View attachment 2094087

That men’s onesie immediately made me think of this

1703010394721.jpeg

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to be into camera lenses that could provide some insight/suggestions on how to best move a number of lenses? These are from a family member, and I’m completely out of my depth with this stuff. First list I was sent is below (there may be more):

Nikon 10-20mm f4.5-5.6
Tamron 16-300mm f3.5-6.3
Nikon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6
Nikon 18-105mm f3.5-5.6
Nikon 18-140mm f3.5-5.6
Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6
Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3
Nikon 24-85mm f3.5-4.5
Tamron 28-75mm f2.
Ultimaxx 7mm f3.0-22
TAMRON 28-300mm f3.5-6.3
Nikon 35mm f1.8
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon 55-200 mm f4-5.6
Nikon 55-300mm f4.5-5.6
Tamron 70-210 mm f4.0
Tamron 70-300 mm4-5.6
Tokina 100 mm f2.8
Nikon 105 mm f2.8
Jintu 420-800 mm f8.3-16
Opteka 500-1,000mm f6.3

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
(Not really. Just busy with other aspects of my life. But this happened.)
True thrift store, but not thrift prices. Still well under the ol’ 10% rule tho.
Thats: two pair viberg shell boots, one pair chromexcel viberg boots, one pair suede viberg chukkas, one pair Alden shell boots, one pair viberg plain toe blutcher shell, one pair viberg calf blutcher — all but two unworn, one looks barely scuffed —one Bean duck boot, and one Holland and Holland ammo tie.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 116

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
True thrift store, but not thrift prices. Still well under the ol’ 10% rule tho.
Thats: two pair viberg shell boots, one pair chromexcel viberg boots, one pair suede viberg chukkas, one pair Alden shell boots, one pair viberg plain toe blutcher shell, one pair viberg calf blutcher — all but two unworn, one looks barely scuffed —one Bean duck boot, and one Holland and Holland ammo tie.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.
That is quite the personal haul!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.
Personal hauls are the best hauls. Some of those shoes are mighty tasty. Merry holidays indeed!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.
That ridiculous, what was PPU if you don’t mind me asking

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.
IMG_4638.gif

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice from the grave.
And all. My. Size.
Merry holidays to me.
What in the actual f.. lol congrats man, what a haul!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads