• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also daily a Seiko. View attachment 2093167

Im hoping to get this one back and running for my fancy AF option.
View attachment 2093169

Also went to the in laws to have an early xmas with some of the extended family that is in town. Went through the garage to the house and saw this bad boy. Apparently they didnt think anyone in the family wanted it so they were going to sell it off cheap. It is coming home with me for the basement space. Going for a Scandinavian spin on RRL ranch decor.
View attachment 2093171 View attachment 2093175 View attachment 2093173
Great pick up on that painting, wow.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of paintings. I passed on this yesterday because they were asking $100 for it. It came with a “certificate of authenticity” that didn’t inspire confidence lol. But also couldn’t find any info. Kinda regretting it now. Saw it on the way out the door and felt a little rushed. If y’all know it and it’s worth getting I can go back. Signed “Summers” in red. View attachment 2093353
Looks like slightly above average "mall art" but if you buy it because you like it, then it's fine. Probably impossible to flip for a meaningful amount.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also daily a Seiko. View attachment 2093167

Im hoping to get this one back and running for my fancy AF option.
View attachment 2093169

Also went to the in laws to have an early xmas with some of the extended family that is in town. Went through the garage to the house and saw this bad boy. Apparently they didnt think anyone in the family wanted it so they were going to sell it off cheap. It is coming home with me for the basement space. Going for a Scandinavian spin on RRL ranch decor.
View attachment 2093171 View attachment 2093175 View attachment 2093173

rex dawson

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rex dawson
That is the best I could come up with also based on the signature and style of work. The thing is of the works I have found online this one is far sharper looking. Not sure if it was just progression or stylistic choice.

Some other very cool ones out there but I absolutely love this one. Something about the crisp colors and bright skies. I have only been out to the desert once and this takes me back immediately. Can’t wait to hang it in view from my desk.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the best I could come up with also based on the signature and style of work. The thing is of the works I have found online this one is far sharper looking. Not sure if it was just progression or stylistic choice.

Some other very cool ones out there but I absolutely love this one. Something about the crisp colors and bright skies. I have only been out to the desert once and this takes me back immediately. Can’t wait to hang it in view from my desk.

it's a good one , i like the dude riding point . afraid ? him ? those rock sculptures !

when i was maybe 12 i took oil painting lessons from a western genre painter . an interesting guy , he wasn't teaching western genre it was more about the fundamentals of oil paints . but then again he'd be telling me about like different kinds of winter skies in the desert lol . it's a cool lane honestly .

Geranium

Reaction score
Anyone good with fragrance? Looks like Amouage Gold but was nothing written on the bottom of the fragrance other than a sticker made by the sultan. Not sure if legit?
IMG_9631.jpeg

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does that tissue wrapped gift say "To Hiam, Love Spankie" ?

Also what's in it? Or do you dare not break the sanctity of a wrapped gift.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the LS3/5As are amongst the best-sounding speakers ever made, IMHO, and truly remarkable for their size. They were one of the standard reference monitors when I worked for the BBC, as their sound was so clear and crisp. I got a pair for $100 when they surplused them out. They did that every so often, and my chief audio engineer picked out a matched pair for me from an outside broadcast vehicle that was rarely used. I brought them over from Scotland in my duffle bag and used them for years.

Sadly, they ended up on the small list of items I truly regret selling. I have had too many times in life where I "just needed the money", and so they went to a happy buyer in Japan for a bonkers $3500, which covered my bills for a month.

I have the whole house set up on thrifted Sonos now, which I love, or will love until they become obsolete. Sonos once tried retiring all their older models, but took such public flak for it that they relented and did firmware updates instead. But I imagine the clock is ticking . . . That said, I did recently buy a Sonos soundbar for fifty bucks at an auction and the sound on that is truly outstanding, so if you see one, grab it!!
i never lucked into a pair of LS3/5A, but i had a pair of KEF Calinda in my system for years. same T27 tweeter as the Rogers. larger B200 8" mid/woofer and a passive BD139 "racetrack" radiator.

they sounded extremely good with jazz and vocals. not the greatest for blasting rock. i usually used my McIntosh MC60 tube monoblocks, but the best they ever sounded was mating them with a Quad 34 preamp and a modded Quad 405/2 amp (with burr brown op amps).

i sold mine 15 years ago for $365. looks like they are more saught after these days.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viratwilliiame