• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2145.jpeg
IMG_2144.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

This 35mm Olympus OM-1 bad boy came with its warranty papers, a couple of extra lens, some Hoya filters and it's travel bag.

I have the modern day OMD-EM1 so it feels like I've come full circle. Lens adaptor and I'm set!

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 5

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
What is thriftmas?
Basically its a "Secret Santa" gift exchange of thrifted items between forum members. Any forum member with 100+ posts is eligible. We register through a site called "Sneaky Santa" where members set up a profile that details what kind of stuff they like. "Sneaky Santa" will randomly assign each participant someone to send thrifted swag to -- its a lot of fun.

Check out these threads to get a better idea of what its all about:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku That deadstock Pendleton is great - Almost a museum piece. But is it really deadstock condition with all those empty moth cocoons attached? Any damage? Really curious how and why a Pendleton like that was just left sitting for 56 years or so.

So that’s what those things were. Haha. I thought they were cobwebs at first. The jacket had a plastic cover over it, which may have helped it. I cleaned it up and there are a few holes and a few bare spots, but surprisingly nothing major. I was out garage sailing and followed a sign that had no arrows or anything. Just an address written in microscopic letters. The sale was a good 7-8 blocks away from where the sign was, so it was a good thing I got the address. They had a good amount of stuff for sale, including about 3-4 racks of what looked like 90’s vintage clothing in the driveway. I inquired about any more clothing, and they said “the house is full”. That was all they had time to bring out. They let me inside and the place was packed, floor to ceiling. It was the guy’s sister’s house who recently passed, and him and his daughter were slowly selling the contents. All the clothing I found was in closets that likely had not been accessible since the 80’s. One was 70’s stuff, end to end. Nothing in there was newer than the late 70’s. I had to climb on a pile of boxes and junk and swim over to the closet with my back scraping the ceiling. Wish I had the sense to get a photo of that closet. Here’s some other pictures I got. Check out the dust. That stuff has been sitting forever.

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

Not the closet I had mentioned above, but a similar situation in another bedroom.
71493528095__04C251A6-3C87-4FC2-96F4-5296712FD0AE.jpeg

The Pendleton after I cleaned the crud off it.
IMG_0466.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. I helped my wife’s family clear out and clean up a hoarder relatives house after she passed away. What an ordeal! So many treasures though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads