• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0962.jpeg
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg
IMG_0965.jpeg

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Clarks is making Wallabees with “crepe effect” rubber soles now. Might have to check them out as the crepe sole always gets filthy and is slippery in wet conditions.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Clarks is making Wallabees with “crepe effect” rubber soles now. Might have to check them out as the crepe sole always gets filthy and is slippery in wet conditions.

Yeah I know all about that. Rubber some Clark are just wrong. I've worn Wallabees for years but I've never thrifted any. Beeswax were my fav (same brother "borrowed" those) but I still have a black suede pair and a brown suede pair.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have loved living life vicariously through all of your finds. Been a rough year on the tennis trail following my daughter from tournament to tournament. We had to withdraw her from school so that she can be homeschooled now. This frees up some time for me to get back in the game. Hopefully, in the near future, I can make a contribution to the thread. But, like I said, thank you guys for preserving my sanity.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve cleaned backpacks by tossing them in a bucket of soapy water for a few hours or overnight and then rinsing in the tub. Usually works pretty well.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this still canadian made Arcteryx Khamsit 52 today.very good condition but it reeks inside.this guy was on a looooooong trip lol.
How do I defunkyfie it.
View attachment 2004613 View attachment 2004615 View attachment 2004617
Try a spray of warm water, vinegar and baking soda. Spray the inside, let it sit overnight and then hose it off or wipe it with a clean sponge and let air dry. If you use a stronger, chemical based cleaner you'll probably strip off the DWR coating inside the pack, which is probably already pretty dried out due to the age of the pack. A lot will depend on what's causing the smell. If it's mildew, you may be able to get rid of most of it. But if the owner spilled some food in there (especially something oil based) and left it to soak into the DWR coating and fabric weave, you're probably out of luck.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had two people try to teach me chess,it just won't compute in my head .

Really! I've been playing since I was about 4 or so. My father used to sic me on his friends and have a drink while watching little me decimate them:rotflmao:. Meanwhile I never quite learned how to play backgammon. It just didn't stick so I never learned how to play

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really! I've been playing since I was about 4 or so. My father used to sic me on his friends and have a drink while watching little me decimate them:rotflmao:. Meanwhile I never quite learned how to play backgammon. It just didn't stick so I never learned how to play

do you still play ? the chess threak is pretty active here , and there is a slowly-congealing hub of styfo players on the chess site

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads