• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Also didn't @txwoodworker or someone get one off Craigslist a while back and it turned out to be fake?

I think that mighta been me...

Which photos should I take ?
I mainly looked at the zipper which is Vislon.

Here's a re-post of my fake's tell-tale details...

Apparently, there is a factory in China cranking out these counterfeits. Some of these photos are of my actual jacket, some are from the helpful guy, and some I found doing research online. But all are known fraudulent points from this factory:

The main ones were:

Wrong cord locks on the hood, a "clamp-on" style, like this...
HUKJ35s.jpg

Real ones since 2016 have a toggle like this...
real toggle.jpg

Missing the little circular reinforcements at the inner seams, like this..
seam-tape.jpg

The elastic toggles at waistband and hood were wrong. Since 2016, Arc'teryx switched to the Cohaesive brand tabs, like this...
Cohaesive.jpg

The hemline on mine is a giveaway, with this sewn seam... Real ones are laminated without a seam here...
hem seam.jpg

For some truly embarrassing misses, my jacket's tag had no markings on the back, and no interior media pocket...
fake tag back.jpg

A real one would, of course, had such a pocket, like this...
DSC_0218-702x465.jpg

Also, just for kicks, count the spelling and typo errors on the back tag (there were similar ones on the Gore-Tex tag.
tag misspellings 2.jpg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another batch – didn't have long in the eBay room today, so still going through the footwear . . .

Ancient NOS Freeman Vcleats
View attachment 1997189 View attachment 1997191

Fugly old Florrie monks
View attachment 1997193

Another entry from the "three Skechers shoe boxes for five bucks" at auction:
View attachment 1997195 View attachment 1997197

Blundstone trifecta
View attachment 1997199

Beastly big Chippewas. Gonna be fun to try and lace these up
View attachment 1997201 View attachment 1997203

Python, my size darn it
View attachment 1997205

LKNW Tevas
View attachment 1997207

'Gamo jodhpurs that will clean up nicely.
View attachment 1997209 View attachment 1997211

"Well dammit Jim", would love to be selling these, but going in my wardrobe instead. Need to find some Saphir in that color . . .
View attachment 1997213

Wolverines in the box. Ten bucks at auction for these plus the python boots
View attachment 1997215

Finally in footwear for the moment: I love it when this happens. Someone's standing there saying "I didn't know Salomon made women's leather boots like these". Yep, they were looking at the orthotic inserts, but I could see they were very well made Italian boots, with glove leather interior. Pulled out the inserts as soon as my competitors moved on and sho'nuff, there was that purple label of Ralphies. I'd need a borescope to get you a pic of the label, but the name's still visible on the soles. Fifteen bucks after old fart discount.
View attachment 1997223 View attachment 1997225 View attachment 1997227

Moving on, picked up another Cannoli belt. Fourth one I've found, and at the same thrift, so same big-boy donor, I guess. Theoretically reversible, but the flip side is odd.
View attachment 1997217 View attachment 1997219

And finally for this post, synergy with whoever it was that found an NOS Zegna shirt. Here's another. When was that green label? 80s? Love those abalone buttons.
View attachment 1997221

Time to get further into the clothing for next post. Keep the great finds coming, gang!
I was the guy who posted the NOS linen Zegna!

Might take it to Reno in a few weeks. It will be hot AF. so linen + straight hem + some gold jewelry = Tony soprano cosplay. Haha!

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get a legit check? This is my first Canada Goose find, thanks!

IMG_1209.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1208.jpeg
    IMG_1208.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 98

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics