• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Belstaff will forever haunt me. I was there shortly before (I think several hours) and held that jacket in my hands. In fact, I opened it from the store wrapping (it was in some sort of dust bag) and looked at the (severely underestimated “retail”) price and thought “eh, must be embossed”. Put it back and walked away. Probably the biggest regret of my time thrifting. :brick:

Brantley11

Reaction score
My most loved winter thrift keeper is this old Filson style 83 double mackinaw. Paid up for it at $20 but that was 10 years ago when everything in our thrift store was less than $4.
Being that the cold doesn’t touch Mississippi much I don’t drag this out of the closet often but was reminded of it beauty and warmth this Christmas
824BA6A7-97A7-4165-B21A-55857177EAFE.jpeg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a Logitech Squeezebox internet radio I found for $10 at my local GW. When I turned it on in store to test it displayed an error message, so I found the user guide online. Did a factory reset and it came right up with a welcome screen. Now it’s connected to my home network and sounds great.
7EE4F8E0-0FC6-44B3-89E8-F185CBE55570.jpeg

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Did you repair it yourself or got it professionally repaired/sent in to Arcteryx? I own an Atom Lt as well with a significant tear that I haven’t worn since tearing it.
I'm not sure what Fueco did. But I recently sent in a jacket to be repaired (this past November). Grabbed this at consignment for $60...

They seem to have a new, updated procedure for repairs, whereby you take multiple photos of the issues and email them. Then upon review, they will tell you whether they will repair or not.

My jacket had multiple failing seams, so they agreed that this was a manufacturing issue and they repaired it for free... It only cost me the price of shipping from the East to the West coast (the repairs actually take place in Vancouver, B.C., so your shipping might be lower).

Arc.jpg

However, my guess (just a guess) is that they would most likely regard a tear as normal wear-and-tear, not a manufacturing defect. They might repair it for a fee, but probably not covered under warranty. If you want to keep the jacket for personal, probably easier to repair yourself.

I own both the Atom LT and the SV Hoodie (so does LaundryRoom Jr.). I would stitch that rip myself and not look back!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you repair it yourself or got it professionally repaired/sent in to Arcteryx? I own an Atom Lt as well with a significant tear that I haven’t worn since tearing it. I also find the fabric pills and picks up abrasions quite easily.

I’ve been meaning to sew it, but haven’t gotten around to it. The cut is only a couple of inches and isn’t noticeable while I’m wearing the jacket.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one of those for $10 a few months ago, but wasn't sure how useful it would be now that their internet music service is defunct?

I opted to just keep using my arcam rcube with a Bluetooth transmitter and spotify.

This is a Logitech Squeezebox internet radio I found for $10 at my local GW. When I turned it on in store to test it displayed an error message, so I found the user guide online. Did a factory reset and it came right up with a welcome screen. Now it’s connected to my home network and sounds great.
View attachment 1871766

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and of course this 1950s McGregor reversible G9 from @dadjeans... I'm in fact wearing it right now on our way to Sonoma!
20210220_132752.jpg

My most loved winter thrift keeper is this old Filson style 83 double mackinaw. Paid up for it at $20 but that was 10 years ago when everything in our thrift store was less than $4.
Being that the cold doesn’t touch Mississippi much I don’t drag this out of the closet often but was reminded of it beauty and warmth this Christmas View attachment 1871765

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Temporary change of subject: Need a little help from my thread bros: kopped this TF blazer at GW, my size and a perfect fit, but the interior TF tag is thrashed. Anyone have the opposite situation?: a thrashed piece of TF you can harvest the label from? It's the big-ish one (around 3" x 1"). Not critical since I'll be keeping this, but would be nice for completeness. I have a bunch of good stuff you can choose from to trade: Loro Piana buttons, Burberry buttons, Brioni labels, Brioni and Cuci store tags etc., other stuff. Anybody got a TF label stashed?
0049C753-8CC6-40EE-9661-63CBCB414C50.jpeg
8F847552-63E6-4E40-8043-7CF23E92A334.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1871766

I’ve met the founders of Squeezebox. A friend went to high school with the two guys that started it, and was part of the original company from the beginning.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have it connected to my home Wi-Fi with the sound outputting from the headphone jack to a Bluetooth transmitter and a desktop Bluetooth amp driving thrifted Polk Audio speakers laying flat on my desk. I set the first two presets to BBC radio stations for Premier League football and the World Service that I ordinarily listen to while driving, but my commute these days is only 10 minutes. Also listened to stations from Europe and Japan; they all sounded very clear. My wife came in and inspected the whole setup and approved, but she still shut the door when she left the room.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Invitation to brag:

My warm regards go out to all of you in frigid country. Makes me shiver just to look at the images on the news of all those blizzards. So happy I no longer live up in those parts of the world . . .

Here in AZ, it's only just started to get chilly, and it will remain like this for a couple months, so I have been over at the storage unit, digging out the wardrobe boxes with my winter outerwear. Since we wear polo shirts and flip flops most of the year here, it's always a blast to wear my winter finds. It's the only time I really get to dress "properly". And that gave me a thought.

One of the estate sale gals around here always says "yard sales/thrift stores are what people got rid of, but estate sales are what they kept!" Fair point, and hints at another variant of that thought, which is that on this thread we all find amazing pieces of clothing, and we flip most all of them. At least I do.

But all these years, even decades, of constant wardrobe iteration suggest that we should all, theoretically, have well-curated wardrobes containing many of the best of our finds, and I for one, would like to see what you're all rocking this winter. [Or do you flip all the good stuff and keep the beaters for yourself? Fess up!]

So, of all the items you've kopped, what are the pieces you KEPT for your winter wardrobe? Anyone up for that brag? I imagine some of it will be daunting, like Spoo's vicuna, but . . . Let's limit it to outerwear only, for the moment, to keep it simple. I'll post once I finish digging it all out, though for now, here's one I photographed and fully intended to flip, but damn, can barely keep it off my back on the coldest days . . .

Luciano Barbera e-thrift from about a decade ago. Paid $82. This thing is an absolute beast and has gotten a ton of wear every winter since I bought it. Excuse the wrinkles and hair as I pulled this from the dry cleaning pile.
174164F0-5E9E-4996-9285-35B03CB4BCB1.jpeg
8F9B0B1C-76DA-4106-9C83-68391CD6391E.jpeg

Eljo's camelhair single breasted polo coat. Wore this out for Christmas dinner last night. It's got age, but no holes or piling. Wonderful piece of local history for $20.
C002D2F1-1B84-4359-A325-E57DBE72E888.jpeg

Still can't believe I got this as an e-thrift for $225. The real deal PRL x Corneliani camelhair polo coat. Flawless and fits exactly how a polo coat should. Never selling.
71646297-31D6-4E13-AB70-9AE37C34566C.jpeg

Arc’Teryx Javelin SV in Denim. Made in Canada. Another twice a week jacket in the winter. Recently back from repairs. Wore this out on Christmas Eve Morning when it was 15 degrees with a thin long sleeve tee on and was totally fine. Same store and price as the Eljo’s polo.
CC4B2A4B-2416-4E0C-9B6F-0F4A7416E579.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads